Kingdom Builder: Crossroads» Forums » Rules

Subject: Warriors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pato rumura
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
The warrior prevents any player to build settlements on hexes adjacent to it. Reading the German rules, it also says that it prevents any movement to these hexes. This means, that you can not move a settlement to hexes blocked by the warrior using e.g. the barn or paddock chit. However, the English rules say that, you CAN build a settlement on water adjacent to the warrior if you have the ship chit (..."A warrior prevents all non-wagon, non-ship building actions"...). That means, that the warrior does not block water hexes.

1. Is this correct?

2. I believe this also means, that one is not allowed to use the paddock chit at all, if the result of the action is, ending up next to the warrior. So you cannot simply end up one hex short, because using the paddock chit means you HAVE to move two hexes. Correct?

3. However, what if I move my piece across the board with the caravan chit to a hex blocked by the warrior. Am I to end up adjacent to the hex that is blocked/hex next to the blocked hex by the warrior? Or is this action also impossible, just like the paddock action would be if I were correct in 2.?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
rummel17 wrote:
The warrior prevents any player to build settlements on hexes adjacent to it. Reading the German rules, it also says that it prevents any movement to these hexes. This means, that you can not move a settlement to hexes blocked by the warrior using e.g. the barn or paddock chit. However, the English rules say that, you CAN build a settlement on water adjacent to the warrior if you have the ship chit (..."non-ship building actions"...). That means, that the warrior does not block water hexes.

1. Is this correct?

2. I believe this also means, that one is not allowed to use the paddock chit at all, if the result of the action is, ending up next to the warrior. So you cannot simply end up one hex short, because using the paddock chit means you HAVE to move two hexes. Correct?

3. However, what if I move my piece across the board with the caravan chit to a hex blocked by the warrior. Am I to end up adjacent to the hex that is blocked/hex next to the blocked hex by the warrior? Or is this action also impossible, just like the paddock action would be if I were correct in 2.?

I believe these rules will be clarified and we can see what they say then. The rules as they stand prevent movement in the German version but unintentionally don't mention it in the English version; a Paddock wouldn't "end up one hex short," it simply couldn't move a piece adjacent to a warrior. The rules as they stand let wagons and ships go next to warriors, on the grounds that they aren't "settlements;" this may change. Warriors block water hexes (relevant for other things, the Harbor and one of the Nomads tents); the question is just how the ship-shaped meeple works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pato rumura
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Donald,

thank you for your quick reply.

I think that the rules as they are at the moment are just confusing and I hope you are right and that they will be clarified. However, I have already ordered the German version and it has been shipped last week Thursday (JST Japan Standard Time). So I believe the game will unfortunately include the rules as they are published on Queen Games homepage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.