Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
Let the speculation commence! (Yeah,I know this already started in a Dark City thread but I got bored at work).

Characters:56
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman/Girl
Human Torch
Thing

Masterminds:10
Galactus -> (Always leads the Punishers + Heralds)
Maximus The Mad/Black Bolt -> (Always leads Inhumans + Alpha Primitives)

Henchmen:20
The Punishers
Alpha Primitives

Schemes: 2

Villain Groups: 16

Heralds:8
Silver Surfer
Morg
Terrax
Destroyer
Air Walker
Nova
Firelord

Inhumans:8
Black Bolt/Maximus the mad
Medusa
Crystal
Triton
Lock Jaw
Karnak
Gorgon
Ahura

(Yeah, I know I went over...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
I'll guess the same thing I guessed on the other board.

5 Heroes (Human Torch, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Mr. Fantastic and the Silver Surfer) 70 cards

2 Masterminds (Galactus and Mole Man) 10 cards

1 Villain group (Heralds) 8 cards

1 Henchmen group (Mole People) 10 cards

2 Schemes (one themed to each Mastermind)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly agree with Matt. I'm convinced Silver Surfer will be a hero, so 5 heroes, not 4.

I'm less sure about the Mole Man. I can't even remember the last time I saw him in a recent comic book. He's a little old school, but he is a very iconic FF mastermind.

Black Bolt as a mastermind? When did he and the Inhumans become villains? Is this an Ultimates thing? I really only pay any attention to the 616 universe, and I'm probably a couple years behind the times at that.

I was thinking Thanos might be a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
Yeah I don't know about Mole Man either... but I don't know too many other FF vilains that could be master minds.

Puppet master
Mad Thinker
Annihlus
Psycho-Man
Namor

The Frighful Four would make a good villain group...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M. (the latter as henchmen)?

Also, MODOK apparently was involved with the one of the incarnations of the Frightful Four. http://marvel.com/universe/Frightful_Four
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
DarthEd wrote:

Black Bolt as a mastermind? When did he and the Inhumans become villains? Is this an Ultimates thing? I really only pay any attention to the 616 universe, and I'm probably a couple years behind the times at that.

The Inhumans are not exactly heroes. They are a neutral party, but have been antagonistic (recently: silent war, war of kings).

I can't see Surfer as a member of the ff. If anything he should be slapped with a Defenders, Heralds, or Annihilatiors affiliation.

I was also thinking Annihilius would make a great mastermind. I agree with rucker73... The Frightful four would also make a for a great villain group. The U-foes would also be interesting since they got their powers in a similar way that the ff did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazedyeti wrote:
The Inhumans are not exactly heroes. They are a neutral party, but have been antagonistic (recently: silent war, war of kings).

I agree that they can be considered neutral, even self-serving perhaps, but Black Bolt and the Inhumans have fought alongside heroes more often than not. I would never consider them villains, personally, but I haven't read those two recent storylines you've referenced.

crazedyeti wrote:
I can't see Surfer as a member of the ff. If anything he should be slapped with a Defenders, Heralds, or Annihilatiors affiliation.

I can't see him as a villain (Heralds) though. I don't think he'll have an FF affiliation. But I can see why he'd be included (as a hero) with the FF if the focus of the expansion is on Galactus as a mastermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Li
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think She Hulk will be one of the 5. She Hulk is too familiar with Hulk in the first set and when compare to Silver Surfer it make sense to go with the Surfer.

Also I think with the size of this expansion there will only be one Master Mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miss Thing. Please, let it have Miss Thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J L
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
While I can see Silver Surfer as a hero, I can't picture him as a member of the Fantastic Four. He could, however, be unaffiliated, like, Deadpool in the core set. Two more hero options include She Hulk, and Spider-man from the Future Foundation since the position was offered to, and accepted by, Spidey after Johnny sacrificed himself to save everyone else, and has maintained that possition for a while after Johnny returned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that Silver Surfer would be an unaffiliated hero.

P.S. Future Foundation is the best Marvel comic in years. It's a must-read. But it's a little too cutting edge for Legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey-Jones
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think maybe the Silver Surfer being a herald in this game and then later released as a hero, just thinking about how many cards this licence could produce makes my head hurt!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe no one has mentioned the obvious choice they are going to go with as the fifth hero. It is not going to be She Hulk. It is not going to be the Silver Surfer. It is obviously going to be Wolverine. Dark City set a precedent of releasing another Wolverine and I am going to be disappointed Brenner if you don't release another release another Wolverine with the Fantastic Five. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WolverinePublicit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't the U-Foes be a prime candidate for a FF4 Villain Group?

They are four (2 of each...perfect!) and they got their powers trying to be the Fantastic Four...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abcede
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Check out the pic once it gets approved of Silver Surfer. He is unaffiliated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abcede
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Well after having my uploads of several never before seen cards decline 3 times, I've given up. These were spoiled cards that the community would probably love to see, no mater the "glare" but ah well I'm done trying. Pm me if you want details on the cards. I had Galactus' Mastermind cards, a silver surfer card a subterranean villan and Thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't stop wondering if the 2nd Mastermind will be another Dr Doom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmythecritic wrote:
I can't stop wondering if the 2nd Mastermind will be another Dr Doom!

It's Mole Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.