United States
New York
flag msg tools
My gaming group always jokes that each game we play will be the game in which Cylons finally win the "fourth way":

Quote:
If a human is executed and there are no available characters left to be selected, the humans immediately lose the game.

That's in the Exodus rules on page 8 and the Pegasus rules on page 12. It is, of course, not in the base game because execution was introduced in Pegasus.

My gaming group has to get in some emergency BSG sessions before Daybreak adds characters, making this even harder for the Cylons to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Nope. Always seemed to me like you would run out of morale from the multiple executions before you would run out of characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
oriecat wrote:
Nope. Always seemed to me like you would run out of morale from the multiple executions before you would run out of characters.

With preventative policy, all things are possible... and Dee is a free kill if you get low enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with 10 morale. 5 Crisis Cards gain 1 morale. 4 Inspirational Speeches, 2 copies of Major Victory that can be regurgitated. A copy of Eulogy that (I think) can be regurgitated.

15 characters in the game. In a 5-player game, you'd need to execute 11 innocents and lose 11 morale.

Do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
selwyth wrote:
Start with 10 morale. 5 Crisis Cards gain 1 morale. 4 Inspirational Speeches, 2 copies of Major Victory that can be regurgitated. A copy of Eulogy that (I think) can be regurgitated.

15 characters in the game. In a 5-player game, you'd need to execute 11 innocents and lose 11 morale.

Do it.

And that does not account for prev policy. If all five players cooperated to make it happen, it would be possible I think. A dream team might be: Cain, Cally, Tory, Helo and Saul Tigh, I think.

Cain is good because you can execute on a GP10. Cally gets a free kill. Tory can be president and cycle those quorom cards/use her OPT. Helo can XO Tory and Inspirational Speeches can happen on his turn for the reroll. Tigh's draw helps with those GP checks. Adama might also be a good choice, but the problem is that he can't use AQ himself. OTOH, he could always XO somebody to do it and suddenly its a GP10 where 1's also help. THAT might work, I just can't envision it happening "naturally."

EDIT: Obviously you can't start with that dream team since there's two military characters with no pilot, but you'll be recycling characters soon enough, so... also, of course, the dream team is unstable since people would be dying, which I guess is the player who picked Cally after she burns her OPG. I am putting way too much thought into this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I also asked this, but can't find the link. In the meantime, a similar thread here...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/467907/most-number-of-execut...

and yeah, Eulogy Qcard from Peg can be spammed over and over agian provided you can cycle thorugh the Qcard deck (Resignation from Exo helps with that).

downfall wrote:
Adama might also be a good choice, but the problem is that he can't use AQ himself. OTOH, he could always XO somebody to do it and suddenly its a GP10 where 1's also help. THAT might work, I just can't envision it happening "naturally."

Adama's special only takes place when the skill check is via a crisis card. Unlike Cally, where she can at least get a location skill check initiated if she really wanted to use her special ability. However, both Adama and Cally generally get hosed when they draw a non-skill check crisis card.

Quote:
Inspirational Leader - When you draw a Crisis Card, all strength 1 cards count positive for the skill check

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think this even more impossible with daybreak.

If anything I would suggest an official rule change to Cylons win if 5 characters are executed. Would make execution a bit more scary to try and use just to change characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:

Do it.

14 (human) characters with one expansion, or 18 with both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseared Ferenczy
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, but it isn't a serious win condition. It is a rule FFG throws into similar games as a fallback in case it happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Battlestar Galactica to Battlestar Galactica: Pegasus Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
selwyth wrote:

Do it.

14 (human) characters with one expansion, or 18 with both.

Thinking it through, with a human Dee getting executed for free, you'd only lose 9 morale to executions in a 5-player Pegasus game before losing for lack of replacement characters... If nothing else ever affected Morale, it could, theoretically happen (you'd really, really have to work at it though...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.