Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Coup» Forums » General

Subject: To all the people who dislike the art direction for Resistance: Coup... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
...that's cool. You're welcome to your opinion. I happen to like the art.

I think we can all at least agree that Coup is an awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Lost and aloof are the loves of my past -- Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
We should get a Black Box edition with different art! That will reduce the number of complaints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
We should get a Black Box edition with different art! That will reduce the number of complaints.
Do you know how hard it is to design ALL NEW ARTWORK FOR FIVE CARDS and then print three copies each? I don't think there's a single game publisher short of FFG or Hasbro capable of doing this without losing their house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed!

As I posted to the box art picture:

Quote:
Artwork is great! With all of the fan made versions of this game that are out there I don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean if it is loyalty to the original theme that is cool but it's not like the original is unavailable. There is also the French version in the works that some like over this The Resistance version. Really there is enough of a selection for everyone to be satisfied. It's simple... buy the one you like.

Meanwhile... I'll be in the Penthouse with the Contessa!

I think people know that IB&C produces top notch stuff! As such I think that some were hoping that they would go in a different direction to expand their offerings. I think that some are feeling that this is just more of the same. Frankly I think that the 'same' has been fantastic! When you have such a wildly popular product it only behooves you to continue engaging a huge fan base with new offerings. Think Catan, Munchkin, and others. It just makes... Business sense! And it's obvious that Travis and IB&C have it. What is more, this is actually a great game. Or so I've heard. I'm backing it without playing and making my first purchase of The Resistance.

My only request is that we get more of The Resistance: Avalon type role card promos for The Resistance. The art looks great in The Resistance: Avalon. I just avoid demon looking stuff around the kids.

Great work Travis and team!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Coup's good! It isn't as good as Resistance, but it's good! You'll like it. (It's also very easy to "make your own" while you wait, btw.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Coup's good! It isn't as good as Resistance, but it's good! You'll like it. (It's also very easy to "make your own" while you wait, btw.)

It's a good thing that I will be getting both then. I'm hoping that we will get some cool tokens with the IB&C version of Coup. We already know that we will not be getting metal coins but just the fact that Travis and team counted the cost there.... Get's me excited to see what improvement they are going to make in that component.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
If the first edition does run out, I gather the upcoming Japanese copy will use the original artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:

Or a white box copy with all white cards.

Oh wait....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Mellor
United Kingdom
London
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to post on this...

Great it's getting a reprint (great game) but don't see tie into resistance and think art is very poor.

Good luck to Indie but personally I think it weakens the resistance franchise too.

Horses. Courses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.