Battles of Westeros» Forums » General

Subject: News about new expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. E.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I asked FFG if they had any more expansions planned for BoW. I know they usually don't release any info prior to their website, so I asked if they could give a generic yes, no, or maybe.

Here is the response:

Thanks for your questions and comments! We do not have any new announcements regarding expansions for Battles of Westeros. If we ever do, you will see something on our News page at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp. So the answer is a generic maybe I suppose. Have a great day!

I would like to think that if they planned on not making any more expansions they would have just said no, so here's hoping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please use spoiler tags. surprise

I have seen the first two seasons, soon read the first three books, and ordered this game. I would love to see Targaryens in general (lots of wars and battles are mentioned in the books, some in the tv series) as well as the Night Watch. Dothraki and Iron Island expansions would be nice too. Looks like a weird selection of expansions so far unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really hoping for the Iron Isles, getting more houses would be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:

My apologies. I didn't think I revealed anything the promotional trailers haven't already shown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilden
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
"Promotional trailers" are some of the biggest spoilers of all. Don't judge yourself by their standards if you want to avoid wrecking the enjoyment of viewers like me - who make sure never to watch them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwilden wrote:
"Promotional trailers" are some of the biggest spoilers of all. Don't judge yourself by their standards if you want to avoid wrecking the enjoyment of viewers like me - who make sure never to watch them.

I removed my comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:

This whole thread makes no sense. The OP provides a link to FFG's "news" page which is fine i suppose. Than someone else complains about spoilers.

What's going on here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
pelni wrote:

This whole thread makes no sense. The OP provides a link to FFG's "news" page which is fine i suppose. Than someone else complains about spoilers.

What's going on here?

I made a comment about my desire to see a Targaryen army that apparently was considered a spoiler to at least one person. Not sure I agree that what I said spoiled anything, but out of consideration for others I removed my comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indygamer wrote:
Cracky wrote:
pelni wrote:

What's going on here?

I made a comment about my desire to see a Targaryen army that apparently was considered a spoiler to at least one person. Not sure I agree that what I said spoiled anything, but out of consideration for others I removed my comment.

It was not my intention to have any texts removed, only (as I said) to have some added spoiler tags.

Now I don't remember what you said about the Targaryens, but it was something not known early in the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:

Now I don't remember what you said about the Targaryens, but it was something not known early in the series.

I hate spoilers. Doctor Who has then at the end of each episode and I "la la la" my way through them, eyes shut, fingers in ears. I also keep my subscription copy of Doctor Who Mag unopened for a few weeks after it arrives, to avoid spoilers.

But there comes a time when you have to say its okay, otherwise almost everything would have to be covered in "spoiler white-out". With Dr Who, for example, I would hate if I was reading online and someone told me the details of next weeks episode. But if the person was talking about the plot of one of the 1980s episodes....could I still reasonably expect it to be in a spoiler box?

BoW is based on the books. And the books have (mostly) been around for years. Around 17 years, in one case, and close on 2 years for the last released. Is it a reasonable expectation for there to be spoiler-whites over all the discussion around the game?

I hate it when things get spoilered, honest. But at some point I think we have to accept that its inevitable.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In "The Lord of the Rings", the ring is dropped into Mount Doom by.....hmmm. Okay to talk about that, or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. E.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I don't think it was a spoiler. you mentioned
dragons
, which could be from a historical point (early Targ's), seeing as
a lot of commanders are dead
that you get to play with anyway.

However, I think the point is missed here. I didn't get a no about the future expansions. I would think that if they were going to stop making expansions, they would have just said no. What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
Eddard dies....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ellgass11 wrote:
I don't think it was a spoiler. you mentioned
dragons
, which could be from a historical point (early Targ's), seeing as
a lot of commanders are dead
that you get to play with anyway.

However, I think the point is missed here. I didn't get a no about the future expansions. I would think that if they were going to stop making expansions, they would have just said no. What do you guys think?

I think the FFG response does not give any indication one way or another. It is a standard reply to redirect one to the FFG news releases for that kind of info.

If their GOT license expires, I doubt they will reveal nothing more is in the pipeline until that day. Why compromise any potential BoW sales until then?

I think there has to be another expansion in the works though. Maybe a Gen Con announcement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdotbat wrote:
Eddard dies....

Your heart is made from stone ^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KelemvorBGG wrote:
gdotbat wrote:
Eddard dies....

Your heart is made from stone
^^.

Im back to this forim after book five. See you guys in a few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KelemvorBGG wrote:
gdotbat wrote:
Eddard dies....

Your heart is made from stone ^^.

Actually, "Eddard dies" somehow implies its something special.
But telling which of the commanders still lives after book five would be a bigger spoiler

Whenever i set up a bow board i've got this "i can see dead people" quote running in my mind... like, for example, the core set commanders. Most are dead, and those who are not are like maimed or lost or captured and rotting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:
KelemvorBGG wrote:
gdotbat wrote:
Eddard dies....

Your heart is made from stone
^^.

Im back to this forim after book five. See you guys in a few weeks.

Did I say weeks? Finished book five ~30 minutes ago. Now I dare look at this forum (and the game) again. Ought to be reasonably immune to spoilers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lannister4live wrote:

Whenever i set up a bow board i've got this "i can see dead people" quote running in my mind... like, for example, the core set commanders. Most are dead, and those who are not are like maimed or lost or captured and rotting.

I will probably also feel that, and also

so many of the commanders have switched sides and started fighting old allies, it is a good thing they are color-coded in the game, or I would remember whom is fighting whom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.