7 Posts

Fallen City of Karez» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification needed for a lot of things in the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to enjoy the game, however there are a lot of things being unclear. I would be happy if I could be assured of the clarified rules on each of the things involved.

1. Do we need to place our guild tokens on every single action space except for your own buildings?

2. Which of the actions will happen immediately in action phase and which actions only happens in activation phase?

I would hope to see a revised version of rules that clearly states and explain everything in detail, because it matters to know that whether we play it correctly or we played it wrong, it shouldn't be that some rules are just be assumptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
algoh wrote:
1. Do we need to place our guild tokens on every single action space except for your own buildings?

Ye, you do. It's part of the action allowance mechanic and to mark your actions throughout the game.

algoh wrote:
2. Which of the actions will happen immediately in action phase and which actions only happens in activation phase?

Most of the actions are resolved during activation phase.
If you buy a building though, you instantly place your token and immediately own it.
Also if you buy equipment, immediately pay the cost to the slot and take the card.
Or if you get into black market, you get the gold immediately.
Healers's tent let your wounded heroes rested (switch the heroes to sideways (the wounds are removed during end of turn though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Most of the actions are resolved during activation phase.
If you buy a building though, you instantly place your token and immediately own it.
Also if you buy equipment, immediately pay the cost to the slot and take the card.
Or if you get into black market, you get the gold immediately.
Healers's tent let your wounded heroes rested (switch the heroes to sideways (the wounds are removed during end of turn though).[/q]

The question regarding owning buildings is that let's say player B placed his action first on a general action box that requires to pay the owner(whereby the building is not owned by any players yet), later then player A purchase and own that building. So, does player B pays player A or pays to the bank since player B did the action first before player A made the building purchase?

3. Does the equipment/instant item making action immediately takes place when workers are placed or the workers only make them(draw from draw pile)at activation phase? I find it progression is slow to not be able to own any equipment/instant items immediately on the turn they are made available in blacksmith and marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
algoh wrote:

The question regarding owning buildings is that let's say player B placed his action first on a general action box that requires to pay the owner(whereby the building is not owned by any players yet), later then player A purchase and own that building. So, does player B pays player A or pays to the bank since player B did the action first before player A made the building purchase?

Player B pays Player A since A takes ownership of the building before payment occurs, even though indication of payment occurred before A took building.

algoh wrote:
3. Does the equipment/instant item making action immediately takes place when workers are placed or the workers only make them(draw from draw pile)at activation phase? I find it progression is slow to not be able to own any equipment/instant items immediately on the turn they are made available in blacksmith and marketplace.

Equipment is created during the Activation Phase, but, also during Activation Phase, players can purchase equipment. In other words, players can buy equipment right after it's made if they did not pass on their Activation Phase move.

Equipment that is on the board during Action Phase can also be purchased, and my best guess on this, though it's definitely not crystal clear, is that this uses up a guild token and counts as their move just as any other action would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not believe that buying items takes tokens of any kind. You just pay the gold and take the item (believe you can only buy one thing at a time though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McDanger wrote:

Equipment is created during the Activation Phase, but, also during Activation Phase, players can purchase equipment. In other words, players can buy equipment right after it's made if they did not pass on their Activation Phase move.

Equipment that is on the board during Action Phase can also be purchased, and my best guess on this, though it's definitely not crystal clear, is that this uses up a guild token and counts as their move just as any other action would.

Well your spending your activation turn to produce the item are you not?

So thus you make the item and it becomes someone else turn and they can buy it before you ever get the chance to. Though i hope it's just one of the things i'm reading wrong in this game because i think its dumb that someone else might get first crack at buying it when you spent the time to make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolio wrote:
McDanger wrote:

Well your spending your activation turn to produce the item are you not?

So thus you make the item and it becomes someone else turn and they can buy it before you ever get the chance to. Though i hope it's just one of the things i'm reading wrong in this game because i think its dumb that someone else might get first crack at buying it when you spent the time to make it.

Well, you're quite correct if looking at some perspective. But since it's a semi-coop game, it's good thing if all the players provided with good range of items. I know it's suppose to be the building owners responsibility but, if he's not being that responsible, one must take the job and serves another right? Though this can be mitigated by tactical decision during activation phase (in rare case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.