Hide
10 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Will an Acolyte always be needed to survive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kisada Hida
msg tools
Just as stated ... it would be kind of lame if you always needed an acolyte to survive

However from my experience in Final Fantasy 11 ... when creating a party it just made sense that you had Melee classes, support, tanks, etc and needed a good combo in order to be efficient
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
The skald and trickster also have some healing ability (although not as much). I'm betting the newest hero heals as well.

I'd think having two "secondary" healers would easily make up for not having (or losing) and acolyte. One might work in a pinch.

Now if you are playing just the boxed set heroes, you probably need to protect your acolyte.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
msg tools
mbmb
Will I don't think that you will automatically fail without an Acolyte I do believe that it would be a very hard row to hoe without one. Then again this is true for most all games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like my Pathfinder group... without an acolyte, you will always have potions on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I've thought about this a bit..but also in the context of "What if no one wants to play a healer?"

Like if you have 3 people playing and they want to play soldier/brigand/archer?

I guess it's a wait and see thing, unless Brian wants to answer..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Potions as items have been mentioned in the videos, so I'd assume it's viable to go without. If not as-written, I'd make it workable to do so myself with increased potion availability or doses if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think the idealistic way to look at this is, if you don't have a healer, then that's another aggressive killing class. More killing = More treasure & money, more money = more potions =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Well, I think the idealistic way to look at this is, if you don't have a healer, then that's another aggressive killing class. More killing = More treasure & money, more money = more potions =P

The acolyte also looks quite agressive with the gigantic maul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Also, more killing = fewer monsters on the board = less damage received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
Also, more killing = fewer monsters on the board = less damage received.

That's not necessarily true. More killing == more Darkness AP == more spawns. Plus, more killing means more Threat, which means you're more likely to hit 10 Threat... and that doesn't seem to be a fun state to be in.

It looks to be balanced somewhat by Acolytes generating Threat from healing, but not by a lot.

Basically, I think the play mechanics are interesting and complex enough it's going to be fun finding "ideal" groups!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.