Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received Ark for Christmas. I loved the artwork too much to pass on this game even though I had heard about how confusing the rules could be.

There were four of us learning the game together. I had read over the rules previously so I gave a quick run down. That’s probably where I went wrong. We had played about halfway through the game before I had all the exceptions and rules figured out. I was one of the lucky ones. The other three players spent most of the time confused and had to reference the rules repeatedly. One player kept saying how much it hurt his head to keep track of all the information in the rulebook.

We just wanted to play through it at least once to get a feel for how the game flowed so we did not bother keeping score because of the confusion. However, I think this game has some potential once you understand the rules. I recommend downloading one of the player aides before you try to play this game. I have my copies already packed in the box. I can’t wait to play this game again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.