Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
I thought I read somewhere that Kingsburg was going out of print? Can anyone confirm or deny?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a bit of an odd term (Schrodinger's board game). Board Games tend to always have short staggered print runs, the second the printers stop some argue that they go out of print, until hopefully the publisher decides demand is high enough to warrant another print run. Others argue that OOP means unavailable, others not widely available.

Currently Kingsburg is not being printed so technically I suppose it is out of print, as it has been in the past. This is not to say that in a little bit Fantasy Flight won't decide to print off another 20k copies.

I suppose Out of Production might be a more neutral term that doesn't come with the same baggage as 'out of print'.

In 2011 it was out of production/print and not widely available, the expansion was even more difficult to find. There was a lot of demand so FF printed off another run. Currently it's out of print/production but widely available.

I suppose the bottom line is get a copy while you can but I'd be surprised if it's going to be permanently out of production. This said it's big competitor Alien Frontiers and other similar(ish) games have and no doubt will continue to eat into Kingsburg demand, until one day it will be deemed not to be worth reprinting by FF cry.

Then the gaming community will speak in hushed tones about how amazing Kingsburg was and how stupid FF are. At which point my copy will skyrocket in value... and FF may consider another print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Then the gaming community will speak in hushed tones about how amazing Kingsburg was and how stupid FF are. At which point my copy will skyrocket in value... and FF may consider another print run.

After which your once extremely valuable copy of KB is now worth nil, because FFG incorporated some new stuff to drive up the sales. Then a discussion about a separate entry here on BGG will follow meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.