Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. A couple of questions about the game. When resolving a crisis, in phase 4 , you skip the red crisis but you do the top AND bottom half of the card if its Brown?

When resolving, can the first player supply only one resource, then the second player supply one, then third? or can the first player potentially resolve the crisis himself without even giving anyone a chance?

when you take a resource from the market do you just take it for free and return it to the bank or do you have to pay for it?

I gotta say I really enjoy the game but I'm not a huge fan of the crisis system. I feel I can't build anything because I'm constantly losing resources to crisis.

last question, you can use your exploration token when providing a resource during crisis, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
Hi all. A couple of questions about the game. When resolving a crisis, in phase 4 , you skip the red crisis but you do the top AND bottom half of the card if its Brown?

Both

spunXtain wrote:
When resolving, can the first player supply only one resource, then the second player supply one, then third? or can the first player potentially resolve the crisis himself without even giving anyone a chance?

The latter. Which is common when the bank has enough.

spunXtain wrote:
when you take a resource from the market do you just take it for free and return it to the bank or do you have to pay for it?

The former.

spunXtain wrote:
last question, you can use your exploration token when providing a resource during crisis, correct?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:

I gotta say I really enjoy the game but I'm not a huge fan of the crisis system. I feel I can't build anything because I'm constantly losing resources to crisis.

Well, you don't have to pay for the crises. But then the chance of rebellion would be higher. It's these decisions that make the game interesting. It's part of what separates Archipelago from other Euros and makes it unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
I had some questions about this too, some of which were already answered. But I have a few more:

If the card on top does not change during phase six (no one buys a card and no cards get trashed through rotation) does the crisis from last turn happen again?

So the red cards only trigger when they are revealed (normally during phase 6)? Not during phase 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jediloser wrote:
If the card on top does not change during phase six (no one buys a card and no cards get trashed through rotation) does the crisis from last turn happen again?

Yes.

jediloser wrote:
So the red cards only trigger when they are revealed (normally during phase 6)? Not during phase 4?

Right. In fact not just "normally", but "only".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
curtc wrote:
jediloser wrote:

Yes.

jediloser wrote:

Right.

Great, thank you!

Edit: One more question, during phase 6, if 2 cards got rotated and trashed, and the next card revealed (but also on its way to the Evolution track) had a red section on it, would you have to deal with that crisis, or would it go straight onto the evolution track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You deal with each red crisis as it is revealed, so in the case of two card replacements at once, you first deal one out, then resolve any potential crisis, then deal the other out and resolve any potential crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions about evolution cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.