Popular Tags: wrong_game [+] right_game [+] [View All]
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
Soldier for Up Front, but is my back to the Volga or the Spree river?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the pencil sketches that arrived today.

Here are the Finals (29 Apr 13)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Crete style Fallshirmjägers have droppped in
Awesome! The card art is looking great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fantastic !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they supposed to look like clones? Most seem to have the same face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why in general and not in "news"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:

Why in Up Front at all? It should be in [thing=135714]Up Front: Airborne Pack[/thing].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:

Does it really matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
Sancherib wrote:

Does it really matter?

I like my shilling spam organized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
Sancherib wrote:

Does it really matter?

Don't address it, red x it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
mwindsor wrote:
Sancherib wrote:

Does it really matter?

Don't address it, red x it.

Wow, so now I need to be red x-ed because of this?

You guys are really sensitive to any form of criticism...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because almost every discussion of "new" Up Front ends up with posts about how Kickstarter sucks, the litigation issues, or complaining that updates constitute shilling. I understand BGG's position on shilling, and how it might affect paid advertising and advertisers. However, the line between "updates" and "shilling" is damned vague. I've got games on pre-order from a number of sources, and every one of those games has a BGG page. I don't think for a second that when those game pages get updated with new art, revised rules, or production updates (whether in "news" or "general") that anyone would consider it impermissible shilling. I can list a whole bunch of games where I looked forward to those type of updates. But somehow, when that happens with Up Front, it's unacceptable shilling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
Yes, because almost every discussion of "new" Up Front ends up with posts about how Kickstarter sucks, the litigation issues, or complaining that updates constitute shilling. I understand BGG's position on shilling, and how it might affect paid advertising and advertisers. However, the line between "updates" and "shilling" is damned vague. I've got games on pre-order from a number of sources, and every one of those games has a BGG page. I don't think for a second that when those game pages get updated with new art, revised rules, or production updates (whether in "news" or "general") that anyone would consider it impermissible shilling. I can list a whole bunch of games where I looked forward to those type of updates. But somehow, when that happens with Up Front, it's unacceptable shilling.

15 independent threads just about the art is spam for me, sorry.

So, one thing has to be kept in one thread (_the_ thread) but this "updates" are allowed to spread around.

It was the same during the kickstarter and it was ridiculous then with threads popping up every couple of hours.

Of course Up dates are welcomed, but there are better ways to do this than just flood the forum. [I insist: 1 thread per nationality, really??? ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools

And it should be "Fallschirmjäger" anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Crete style Fallshirmjäger have droppped in
Barbarossa wrote:

Typo fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bk_otj wrote:
Barbarossa wrote:

Typo fixed.

Um. Thread title still says Crete style Fallshirmjäger have droppped in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:
mwindsor wrote:

15 independent threads just about the art is spam for me, sorry.

So, one thing has to be kept in one thread (_the_ thread) but this "updates" are allowed to spread around.

It was the same during the kickstarter and it was ridiculous then with threads popping up every couple of hours.

Of course Up dates are welcomed, but there are better ways to do this than just flood the forum. [I insist: 1 thread per nationality, really??? ).

Pablo,

You raised the same issues in the USSR art thread that is now locked so people can't talk about that art.

"bk_otj wrote:
Yes there will be.

Why?

I want to give people a chance to talk about the specific art in an isolated thread. These are professional artists each with their unique style. A great conversation developed in the Australian post where people made comments and asked question specifically about the Australians in Up Front. I do not want these great conversations and opportunities for players to ask questions about specific art lost in a huge long thread that everything just haphazardly dumped into.

Your response

"Fair enough, it sounds logical.

But why now 1 thread/artist or something like that? Sorry, but 15 threads does border on shill."

If you have concerns that I am filing my post under the wrong heading or any other organizational shortfalls please send me a PM.

I am happy to answer questions about the specific art in this post. Please fire away.

I can not do one thread per artist either. Why? Known artists have been receiving harassment from the mob of jackals/clucking hens. These people are acting like school children sending messages labelled from "website" and "concerned fellow artist". Of course they don't use their real names or email addresses.

Not one artist has left the project because of what these people have said. They seem a happy to be working on the project on a country by country basis.

We now have 10 artists working on this project, some of who you know, some of who you do not. I can't see the names of these artist released until the art is done because all the harassment does is slow the project and the artists do not appreciate harassing emails from internet experts and Up Front detractors. These artist all know each other and have been encouraged to consult their peers about any concerns about the harassment they have received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
bk_otj wrote:
Known artists have been receiving harassment from the mob of jackals/clucking hens. These people are acting like school children sending messages labelled from "website" and "concerned fellow artist". Of course they don't use their real names.

God, this is depressing.soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig whiting
Australia
flag msg tools
Nice artwork for the German Airborne. Can't wait to pit my Aussies against them in the Battle for Crete. Keep up the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
bk_otj wrote:
I can not do one thread per artist either. Why? Known artists have been receiving harassment from the mob of jackals/clucking hens. These people are acting like school children sending messages labelled from "website" and "concerned fellow artist". Of course they don't use their real names or email addresses.

Not one artist has left the project because of what these people have said. They seem a happy to be working on the project on a country by country basis.

We now have 10 artists working on this project, some of who you know, some of who you do not. I can't see the names of these artist released until the art is done because all the harassment does is slow the project and the artists do not appreciate harassing emails from internet experts and Up Front detractors. These artist all know each other and have been encouraged to consult their peers about any concerns about the harassment they have received.

So, you're saying that this has moved from just doubt, critisism and armchair lawyering to people actually trying to sabotage the project? Geez, didn't see that coming shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petdoc wrote:
bk_otj wrote:

So, you're saying that this has moved from just doubt, critisism and armchair lawyering to people actually trying to sabotage the project? Geez, didn't see that coming shake

What reason would anyone have to harass the artists? It really doesn't make much sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
What reason would anyone have to harass the artists? It really doesn't make much sense.

It does if you want the project or the publisher to fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah, Brad, could you clarify that sentence? Are people actually harassing the artists, or is it a mountain of the niggly statements like "I want the Germans to have this rank and that uniform" sort of thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
Ward wrote:

It does if you want the project or the publisher to fail.

Not really. The project will succeed or fail based primarily on whether it can be financed. Replacement artists can be found if any get driven away for whatever reason. It would have a minor impact at best and not be a cause of failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward,

These person(s)are not supporters. I have seen the emails. I do not know the motives. Derailment of the project might be one, but I think it is just people who have been gripped by mob mentality. We all have read the 'legal' posts and know what sort of things and attitudes people have expressed there.

You are right it will not cause the project to fail, but it did cause delays. Who wants harassing emails spouting 'expert' opinion and 'crazy man from the cabin in the hills' conspiracy theories.

Again, not one artist has left, they are happy, and more have joined the project since the last 'outbreak' of harassing messages from "website" and "concerned fellow artist".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to the Art.

Some modifications to the Fallschirmjäger SL's and ASL's have been requested to break up their poses a bit.

All artists receive an illustration guide detailing numbers, ranks, each position (SL, ASL, Sr Sold, Jr Sold), and specific uniform instructions and general illustration instructions.

Here are the specific instructions concerning leaders

"All Squad Leaders and Asst Squad Leaders to have a'leadership' gesture or combination of 'leadership' gestures such as yelling, cupping of mouth and yelling, pointing, signalling halt, advance, or take cover, slow up, speed up, etc."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.