Popular Tags: [View All]
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This past Saturday, I ran two sessions of Police Precinct at the Spring Hoopla. The Hoopla is a twice yearly local con that benefits the American Cancer Society in General and a Relay for Life team in particular. My original intention had been to run the first session as a straight co-op, the second with the Dirty Cop variant.

Here are just a few of the comments from the people who played:

"Fantastic game"
"I'm going to buy this game for my two brothers - who are cops - and teach them how to play. They'll love it."
"This game has just replaced Flash Point as my favorite co-op."
"I have this game at home - I was a Kickstarter - but the rules seemed too much. I'm so glad I had the chance to play this. Can't wait to play it again."

I'd say this game was a HUGE hit! Each session was full - six players. Both sessions also had a waiting list. People stopped by during each of the games to watch and comment. Since the 2nd group was all new players as well (none signed up for both sessions), they chose not to use the Dirty Cop. However, I explained how it worked and a couple of players were into the whole "No, I can't assist" after looking furtively into their hand of cards - or when they were able to look at an investigation deck or the event cards then putting the card on the bottom without comment.

After each game, when the players received their reward of 5 Mad Men cards (2 for signing up, 3 for completing the game) they all sat and read through them and compared what each had received. I explained how they worked in the game as well. After a brief rules explanation at the start of the game, the players from either session had almost no questions - they just started in and played right through.

By the way, they won each time - but it wouldn't have mattered to them if they lost. They had so much fun getting in to character, driving their cars around (I had my Hot Wheels for both marked and unmarked cars), resolving the emergencies and finding clues, they never even looked at the crime track. But man, when they arrested the murderer, there were cries of "Boo-yah, take THAT bad guys! You are goin' down!" In fact, in the second game they had the bad guy on the trunk of the car "Cuff him, Dan-o!"

I've played this solo, two player and now taught groups of six and I can say this game scales extremely well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Cindy!!!!

Nice job introducing the game to so many!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Steiness
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
in the second game they had the bad guy on the trunk of the car "Cuff him, Dan-o!"

Haha, I love this - Now that is embracing the theme and getting into character :-)

Thanks...

Ole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for teaching Cindy! I had a very fun time playing in that first session.

After playing I was wondering if the game really was that easy or if we just rolled really well. I don't think we failed a single emergency or arrest attempt. The crime track I think was still at the beginning, or maybe had moved one space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkrajew wrote:
Thanks for teaching Cindy! I had a very fun time playing in that first session.

After playing I was wondering if the game really was that easy or if we just rolled really well. I don't think we failed a single emergency or arrest attempt. The crime track I think was still at the beginning, or maybe had moved one space.

You guys rolled unbelievably well. I was beginning to wonder if the dice were loaded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
I was beginning to wonder if the dice were loaded!

Did anyone check to see if the dice only had 4's, 5's, and 6's on them?devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sargonkid wrote:
scoutmom wrote:
I was beginning to wonder if the dice were loaded!

Did anyone check to see if the dice only had 4's, 5's, and 6's on them?devil

Hahaha, it sure seemed that way. There wasn't a single emergency or arrest that they didn't absolutely nail. It was unreal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.