Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Just opened the box tonight with my son and despite some really bad quality issues (bad board warpage, poor discs etc) I'm excited to get this to the table. I've dropped Numbskull an email to let them know and to try to get those resolved.

Our questions reading this is about playing with only two players:

1. Do you still only use one of the three decks for your side?
2. When placing pieces in the starting cities I assume you'd place all three of your colours as you see fit?
3. Would your army be considered any of the colours when figuring out initial attack values?

Thanks.

P.S. Lousy luck lately with components of four games I've recently purchased. Hammer of the Scots, Strike of the Eagle and Maria also all had component QA issues. Oh well, game long enough like I have and they'll crop up occasionally, no one's fault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play two decks and two colors per side just as if playing a 4 player game. Works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nagato Fujibayashi

Athens
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In order to enjoy the game in its full depth, play at least 2 decks each on a 2 player game.

2. You place colors according to the number of decks you chose to play. If you play 2 decks, place 2 colors and keep the 3rd as supplement pieces in case one of your two colors runs out.

3. I'm not sure I get the question, sorry but English is not my mother language. As I got it, the color of the attacking army definitely matters. If you have a stack of 2 anarchist and 2 communist discs in a city and you attack from this city while playing the anarchist turn, your initial attacking value is 2- the communists are no help and vice versa.

I hope I helped.

(......the board warping is an issue for me as well- I have to put a heavy object on the edge of one of its sides otherwise the game is unplayable. Pity but the gameplay is such a blast I am neglecting it. Perhaps I should make a map of my own in the future...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick stevens
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first game you could try the historical set up for 2 players. Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
patrick stevens wrote:
For your first game you could try the historical set up for 2 players. Pat

Will do. And thanks for explaining and taking care of the other issues, Pat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Wanderer
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Patrick,

Just got my game today.

Question please.
With the two player set up how many decks do you use?......and which ones?

Cheers

Happy Wanderer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.