Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always kind of annoyed me that events are just shuffled into the drink deck.

Also, I just picked up RDI 2 and 3 (I've had just RDI 1 for years), and so I want to come up with a way to combine the three drink decks.

RDI 1 had 5 drink events.
RDI 2 had 6 drink events, but one of them is nectar of the gods or whatever it's called. That card is basically just a drink, and I'm going to house rule it as such.
RDI 3 has 7 drink events, but one of them is the same nectar of the gods.

So counting Nectar of the Gods, it's pretty much 1/6 of the cards are drink events.

So here's what I'm gonna do.

Shuffle all the drink events together into an Event deck. Shuffle all the remaining drink cards into the Tavern deck. The Event deck has its own separate discard pile, and should be re-shuffled as necessary (Moridin help you if you manage to make it through the entire Event deck!)

At the beginning of the game, draw 6 cards per player from the Tavern deck to form the Drink deck.

Whenever the Drink Deck runs out, every player pays 1 to the tavern to buy a new round, and you draw 6 cards per player currently in the game to form a new Drink deck.

If the Tavern deck runs out, shuffle the discarded drink cards to reform it.

At the end of every player's turn, after they drink, they roll a 6-sided die. On a 6, an event is triggered. Immediately play the top card of the drink deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

Let us know how it goes.
I'm quite curious about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just shuffle all three decks together and divide them into three piles and let the cards fall where they may.

It makes for some interesting rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Naz, let's try this next time we play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
erik wintz
United States
fountain valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict that you will be both happy and unhappy with whats to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, has anyone tried out this variant? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, this isn't a game any of the groups I usually play with play... ever, really. So I haven't. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.