Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Powell
Australia
Glenrowan
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When deciding on the monsters for the Open Group, can the overlord chose anything with the matching symbol?
If true, for some starting scenarios the players could face a shadow dragon and lieutenant – seems a bit harsh or have I missed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, any group/s that matches the symbols shown can be selected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the land of Dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branimir Tkalec
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My shadow dragon always gets killed first. My next strategy will be quantity of monsters, not quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's especially true with random defense. What good is black defense die when you throw 0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Powell
Australia
Glenrowan
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minksling wrote:
Yes, any group/s that matches the symbols shown can be selected.

Thanks for the clarificationcool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add a clarification : the monsters of an open group need only match one of the symbols displayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
harlequin1 wrote:

If true, for some starting scenarios the players could face a shadow dragon and lieutenant – seems a bit harsh or have I missed something?

Hold on, you can't choose lieutenant as your open group, can you? The rules about open groups are not in the rule book, so I can't check them now..
But lieutenants don't have those "open group symbols" on them, so they couldn't be chosen even if you could choose them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot choose a Lieutenant as an open group. I think that harlequin was saying was that there are quests that specify the use of a Lieutenant and an open group, and the Monster Traits listed in the quest allow for Shadow Dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
No, you cannot choose a Lieutenant as an open group. I think that harlequin was saying was that there are quests that specify the use of a Lieutenant and an open group, and the Monster Traits listed in the quest allow for Shadow Dragons.

Why can't I choose Lieutenants as an open group? They have the "Cursed" Monster Trait symbol where all the other monsters have their Monster Trait Symbol. It's just a bit smaller and different colored and drawn slightly different whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fredcvbgt wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:

Why can't I choose Lieutenants as an open group? They have the "Cursed" Monster Trait symbol where all the other monsters have their Monster Trait Symbol. It's just a bit smaller and different colored and drawn slightly different whistle

Very good question. I hope to see some comments or discussion on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.