Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Afif Ter
Malaysia
UEP Subang Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our Regionals Qualifier recently in order to play in the Regionals later in June. In this tournament I saw many playing HB fast advance or Weyland Tag n Bag. Is it possible to build a Chaos Theory Runner that focuses on HQ runs to steal agenda from the hand with Nerve Agent? I previously used 3 Makers Eye in different games and came up with nada. My current build is.

2 Magnum Opus
1 Morning Star
1 Ninja
1 Yog
3 Dinosauraus
3 Test Run
3 Diesel
2 All Nighter
2 Infiltration
3 Modded
2 Deja Vu
3 Personal Touch
1 Emergency Shutdown
3 Tinkering
2 Maker's Eye
3 Sure Gamble
3 Rabbit Hole
2 Public Sympathy

Deck strategy is to install Yog with Dinosauraus and use personal touches as needed. Also Tinker the expensive ice and Maker's eye and repeat with Deja Vu. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's late where I am, but this idea IS my entire deck. Let me get back to you sometime who morrow with the full list, but it's not as impossible as you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agendas don't usually stay too long in hand in fast advance HB. Nerve agent may help catch them, but consider adding demolition run to help those nerve agents out. Its hard to fast advance when you have no biotic labor or trick of light. It can also take out sea source and scorched earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Butterbob wrote:
Agendas don't usually stay too long in hand in fast advance HB. Nerve agent may help catch them, but consider adding demolition run to help those nerve agents out. Its hard to fast advance when you have no biotic labor or trick of light. It can also take out sea source and scorched earth.

Agreed. I'm not too sure about Nerve Agent in Shaper decks, but if you're going to run Nerve Agent you should probably supplement it with Demolition Run and/or Imp since the real power of seeing the whole corp hand is destroying their operations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
Fast advancing is a strategy that tries to eliminate the advantage Shaper has over the corp, i.e. that it can run remotes very very well. That scuks for Shaper. But all is not lost. The important thing when playing Shaper against HB fast advance is to make sure their remotes are never safe so that they must fast advanced if they they want to score. Their ability to do this is limited by how much money they have and how many Biotic Labors they draw, so barring a really lucky draw on their part, stuff will start to pile up in hand or be sitting in R&D if you can make those remotes unsafe places to be. I find that Shaper gets most bogged down if the corp manages to make a safe (or safe-ish) server where they can protect agendas or important economy cards like Melange Mining Corp. This makes their hand less juicy and lets them score more easily. The best way to prevent this is to have awesome breakers and to get them out fast and consistently.

Because of this, I would suggest having 2 of every breaker at least (this is also just good sense since it means a random discard wont set you back a whole lot). I personally also like to run some number of special orders as well, just to make extra sure I have what I need to break through.

Tinkering + Yog is a great way to break open an early remote holding an agenda as well, so keep running those. Another great trick is using Test Run to get a Femme Fatale, which allows you to get past tough ICE like Tollbooth for much cheaper than usual. Femme is great in a CT decks because they can afford it, it can be fetched with test run, it gets their most annoying piece of ICE, and it's a sentry killer. Killers are important because they let you run into ICE without as much fear since most of the ICE that hurts you the most are Sentries. Running into ICE this way will force the corp to rez and waste more of their money.

While Morning Star does seems like a potentially awesome test run target, I definitely think 2 Corroders would serve you better since they are faster and easier to get out, and right now, a corp advancing a Hadrian's Wall stops you cold.

So, my advice in short form: keep focusing on the remotes. They might not need them to score, but it makes it a lot easier for them. Trash their economy cards. Keep pressure up on R&D when you can so they are forced to play and rez ICE their. While all that is going on, build up a big strong rig. When things start getting bogged down for the corp, then start running their HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Afif Ter
Malaysia
UEP Subang Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my meta the usual trouble are the sentries, with ninja it kinda gets quite expensive. As for Morningstar vs Hadrian's wall, I really don't see many of that gets rezzed or played at all, but usually they can only rez one of those and if it is not protecting HQ i will use Emergency Shutdown. It is not ideal but this deck concept originally was for fun to show off the runner cheap icebreaking costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Roberts
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my CT deck that I was playing with for a few weeks before we our first tournament in Portland. It did alright, we had 4 swiss rounds. Assuming I didn't DQ for in my first round playing as her when I discovered 2 opus, 1 workshop and 1 medium in left in my deck box. It would have probably won. So, about a 50% ish win rate.

Chaos Theory: Jack of All Trades (40 cards)

Chaos Theory: Wunderkind

Resource (7)
2 All-nighter
3 Personal Workshop
2 Public Sympathy

Icebreaker (7)
1 Crypsis
2 Femme Fatale ••
2 Gordian Blade
2 Snowball

Event (17)
2 Demolition Run ••••
3 Diesel
3 Infiltration
3 Stimhack •••
3 Test Run
3 The Maker's Eye

Hardware (4)
2 Dinosaurus
2 Plascrete Carapace

Program (5)
3 Magnum Opus
1 Medium •••
1 Nerve Agent ••

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like to give decklists, I'd rather give some deck ideas because deckbuilding is part of the game.

1. why Chaos Theory?
I don't see any benefits playing her over Kate.
Kate gives +1L that can be work with The Helpfull AI and Underworld Contracts (plural!) along with installing discounts.
With Kate you can install a Dyson Mem Chip for 2 and benefit from uContract as well. So, -5 cards and +1MU?! Nah, no way!

2. Shanarchs slow-build VS Midrange
You can go two ways with Kate, playing a pure Shanarch strategy having Yogosaurus + Personal Touched Mimic + Corroder with support from Ice Carvers, Helpfull AI and Cyberfeeders to allow you to make cheap Runs or;
You can go with Midrange Kate, playing Personal Workshops with Femmes' (plural!) + Yogosaurus + Corroder with support from Ice Carvers and Helpfull AI but no 'Feeders.

Right now I'm using a Midrange deck.
I use Yogosaurus and Workshoped Femmes with Corroder support.
I use 3x uContract with 3x Helpfull AI (I use it to boost some 'Breakers if I don't have the Creds) and a Dyson Mem Chip.
My moneys come from 3x Magnum Opus and 3x Sure Gamble and uContracts. I don't feel the need for more money cards like Codebustings and such.
I use Tinkerings to go along with Yogosaurus, Test Runs to fetch Femmes or 1st turn mOpus and 3x All Nighters.
I don't use Stimhacks or Notoriety in this deck... I've tested them and I think they don't have a place in this deck strategy.

Hope it would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a pretty interesting counter.

Nerve Agent
Demo Run
Imp is okay but too high influence

Only thing I'd worry about is when he clears virus counters.

Get rid of Ninja to save the influence. Morning star is ridiculous they will just boost ICE wall up beyond your fractor. Especially when you can save the influence for Snowball or Ram which aren't bad.

If you have Magnum Opus you can afford runs just about every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
If the Corp clears virus counters, it's not fast advancing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tandoori Chicken
msg tools
ffaristocrat wrote:
If the Corp clears virus counters, it's not fast advancing.

If the runner's only real move requires virus counters, and I can clear them and be able to FA next turn at no penalty, then I think I am still winning. Clearing counters is like a preparatory artillery bombardment. Yeah maybe the front line hasn't moved yet, but the defenses are softer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
afifter wrote:
We had our Regionals Qualifier recently in order to play in the Regionals later in June.

I'm going to ignore the whole point of the thread to focus on this one point. It's my understanding that regionals are intended to be open events where anyone can show up and participate. If your store is doing qualifiers, it should be very clear on any event page that this is happening. I'd kind of like to know where this is just so I'm sure it's not in my general area and one of the places I was considering going to this summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Afif Ter
Malaysia
UEP Subang Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capbarclay wrote:
afifter wrote:
We had our Regionals Qualifier recently in order to play in the Regionals later in June.

I'm going to ignore the whole point of the thread to focus on this one point. It's my understanding that regionals are intended to be open events where anyone can show up and participate. If your store is doing qualifiers, it should be very clear on any event page that this is happening. I'd kind of like to know where this is just so I'm sure it's not in my general area and one of the places I was considering going to this summer.

I am glad you noticed this. It really pisses me off to no amount. This is happening in Malaysia, where our datapacks are almost always late a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.