Jolly Thinkers
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Bruno

If someone claimed that she was a queen, but I didn't believer her, so I revealed my card. It turned out that I was incorrect. Did I have any penalty for that? And what would happen?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
If one or more player call the bluff of the player on turn and claim to be the same character, the players on turn and all other players who claim to be the same character reveal their cards. In this case, both the player on turn and you reveal their cards.

Case one : she is the queen, and therefore you are not. You pay one gold to the courthouse, she gets two gold from the bank.

Case two : you are the queen, she is not. She pays one gold to the courthouse, you get two gold drom the bank.

Case three : none of you is the queen. You pay one gold each to the courthouse.

This means the risk when calling a bluff is losing one gold if you are not the claimed character, the reward is using this character's ability out of turn if you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So what if I know that he is not the queen because I know that a third player is? Is there anything I can do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soo, is it out yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
drstein2004 wrote:
So what if I know that he is not the queen because I know that a third player is? Is there anything I can do?

With calling his bluff, you can prevent him to win two gold but this will ost you one gold. It might be worth it in the endgame, to prevent a win, but you can also hope that another player speaking after you will do it. Position around the table can be critical in the endgame, and a player can end "playing the police" like in poker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Muemmelmann wrote:
Soo, is it out yet?

No, scheduled for june.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.