Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Era of Merchant Princes - Essential reads:

Take 2 Resources from your Opponent, Give them 1
Discard Olaf

The rules issue is that I was trying to give back a resource they had 3 of already therefore it would just go away. Since it does not say 'that can be stored' I feel you can give something they do not need.

Correct?

Usually the wording on the cards is translated specifically, like the difference between adjacent and within the city
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. In all cases where you can decide which resources to give the opponent, you may only choose resources the opponent can store in his regions or in the Gold Cache.

This rule concerns these cards: Bera the Insurgent, Courthouse, Merchant, Olaf and Trade Monopoly.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate it. I was confused based off the fact that some cards mentioned 'up to the amount you can store' style wording and this did not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is a main rule, we haven't added it to the card due to less space for card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.