The Resistance: Avalon» Forums » General

Subject: Translate rules this to english , please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: popcorn [+] [View All]
black jack
United Kingdom
California
flag msg tools
i found this file about rules. Can anyone translate this to english? It is French

http://www.ludism.fr/regles_files/fr/THE-RESISTANCE-AVALON.p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
thenewman wrote:
i found this file about rules. Can anyone translate this to english? It is French

Sorry, but the english rules are not & will not be available online. A copy of the rules come in the game box when purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black jack
United Kingdom
California
flag msg tools
but i owned the resistance, and i dont want to buy avalon, so i hear that it can be phayed with the resistance, is that true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
thenewman wrote:
but i owned the resistance, and i dont want to buy avalon, so i hear that it can be phayed with the resistance, is that true?

Sorry won't help.

You can get Avalon for $13 online, think its worth it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
If you do not wish to make a separate purchase for Avalon, you may wish to consider spending the $$ to get a different bluffing and deduction game altogether - Coup, and at the same time, get the OFFICIAL cards to play Resistance like Avalon!

check out the ongoing Kickstarter here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/coup-bluff-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thenewman wrote:

You could always put paragraphs through google translate--> it is the only last two pages that are different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you aren't willing to pay $13 for a great game here? What is wrong with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To be fair here, in european LFGS the price is more like 20€, 25 dollarish.

So that is that.

One can only guess how much the price manages to climb over there in the original poster's country.

And truth be told... the whole secrecy by the developers isn't a pleasant thing. I've never encountered a modern game here on the geek that was so censored with its information so unavailable.

One might think Indie Boards and Cards doesn't consider their own added value to be enough to encourage people buying Avalon.

Just my
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirating a rulebook maybe.

But I mean, once one of his friends learns how to play it or whatever he can just tell him . . . I mean, the game can't be so complicated you can't figure it out from a good session report can it? And like, until you change patent/copyright laws, you're slinging moral accusations, not legal ones.

It is just curious to me. I'd want to hear Travis's explanation of if it's a money thing or a principle thing (or both or other or whatever!) But not like . . . demanding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Pirating a rulebook maybe.

But I mean, once one of his friends learns how to play it or whatever he can just tell him . . . I mean, the game can't be so complicated you can't figure it out from a good session report can it? And like, until you change patent/copyright laws, you're slinging moral accusations, not legal ones.

It is just curious to me. I'd want to hear Travis's explanation of if it's a money thing or a principle thing (or both or other or whatever!) But not like . . . demanding it.

Session reports and video reviews and gameplays are how I understood the roles. Not the rules that came in the box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume when you use a word like 'pirate' you actually mean something by it. I apologize for the assumption!!

Clearly you just enjoy hearing yourself type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friman wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
I assume when you use a word like 'pirate' you actually mean something by it. I apologize for the assumption!!

Clearly you just enjoy hearing yourself type.

I'm flagging you because you used a personal argument there, absolutely uncalled. Clearly you just enjoy trolling.
Glad to know you had nothing interesting to say, anyway.

For someone who um, clearly loves the rules you uh . . . might've broken a couple there, sweetness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember - if you see something you want to react negatively to, flag it and forget it.

Using the icon serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.