Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rialto» Forums » General

Subject: When is this available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pegasus Spiele (German/English) version is already available. A number of retailers have it in stock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And you can get it from amazon.de as well. My copy just arrived today.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had just got it from Amazon.de.

I have a pre-order from CSI and it is taking forever with little by way of updates.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
I wish I had just got it from Amazon.de.

I have a pre-order from CSI and it is taking forever with little by way of updates.



Well, CSI is only going to carry the Tasty Minstrels Games version of the game. The game was printed in the latter half of March (in Europe). It takes time to get from printing to shelves and we knew the Pegasus version was going to be available in Europe several weeks before the TMG version was going to be available in the US. If the print run was in the latter half of March, you can reasonably expect not to see the TMG version in the U.S. until at least mid May.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a pre-order in with Cool Stuff for Rialto and Bora Bora. Cool Stuff tells me the order will be shipped in July.

By the way, I'll be traveling in Germany and Poland during May and June, so I don't need the games right away in any case. However, on the subject of Germany - does anyone have any comments about what I should be buying when I'm there? It has to be small enough to fit in a carry-on because that's the only luggage I use.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
I have a pre-order in with Cool Stuff for Rialto and Bora Bora. Cool Stuff tells me the order will be shipped in July.

By the way, I'll be traveling in Germany and Poland during May and June, so I don't need the games right away in any case. However, on the subject of Germany - does anyone have any comments about what I should be buying when I'm there? It has to be small enough to fit in a carry-on because that's the only luggage I use.


Small interesting games like Pickomino, Hanabi or Sticheln that are easily available there.

B>
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
And you can get it from amazon.de as well. My copy just arrived today.

B>


I do buy from Amazon.de when the prices are right. Bruce, you might wanna check out www.adventgames.com.au for eurogames selections.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thisaliensean wrote:
thepackrat wrote:
And you can get it from amazon.de as well. My copy just arrived today.

B>


I do buy from Amazon.de when the prices are right. Bruce, you might wanna check out www.adventgames.com.au for eurogames selections.


It's convenient if you want one game (thought launched after I made my order) but larger amazon orders are substantially cheaper.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
However, on the subject of Germany - does anyone have any comments about what I should be buying when I'm there? It has to be small enough to fit in a carry-on because that's the only luggage I use.

Sure. You should pick me up a copy of Pickomino, Sushizock im Gockelwok, and Sticheln. Much appreciated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pickomino aka Heckmeck am Bratwurmeck.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Rialto yesterday from amazon.de. Couldn't believe the price - $42 all together, with 8-12 days delivery! This is less than MSRP by $8! I think ordering from Germany is becoming a viable option.

I'm one of those who does not like the TMG logo. Not only I was able to get a proper copy, I got it cheaper and most likely sooner!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If only the CSI website made it easier to cancel my order...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
If only the CSI website made it easier to cancel my order...
It's very easy...you just email them. But I agree, there should be a big cancel button in order to make it even easier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kpl Min
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
will the TMG version be different?

Also, on ordering from the amazon.de site from America... is it straight-forward or are there any tips? never done it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The logo is different. That is it.

Ordering from de is exactly like com. Just use Chrome so you don't need to read German.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, like Clyde W said, Chrome works pretty well in translating. There will be some buttons that do not get translated but if you are familiar with order from amazon.com already, you will know what those buttons are anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, do use Chrome. The first time you open amazon.de, Chrome will ask you if you want to translate from German to English. You'll also see an Options button where you can specify to "always translate from German to English". Log in with your normal amazon account and start shopping. Make sure to buy from amazon.de directly, as most resellers either do not ship to the US, or charge through the nose.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon is great if you buy in many games to offset the shipping. The range is less than what an online retailer provides. Still, check out Amazon, they do have good bargains especially those of older games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kpl Min
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The website confused me, even with the translation. When does it convert to dollars - especially with shipping?

Am I supposed to log-in with my regular Amazon account or not?

Thanks...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinplarson wrote:
The website confused me, even with the translation. When does it convert to dollars - especially with shipping?

Am I supposed to log-in with my regular Amazon account or not?

Thanks...
Yes. You login with your "regular" Amazon.com account.

It shows you dollars on the final page. It works exactly like Amazon.com, just in German.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:


It shows you dollars on the final page. It works exactly like Amazon.com, just in German.


What he said. The first time you do it, the site asked me if I wanted to convert the total into US dollars and then gave an option to always do that going forward.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
[q="kevinplarson"]It works exactly like Amazon.com, just in German.
Unfortunately, any Amazon credit that you may have in the US Amazon does not carry over into Amazon.de...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Unfortunately, and Amazon credit that you may have in the US Amazon does not carry over into Amazon.de...

Amazon gift cards are also country specific.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
[q="kevinplarson"]It works exactly like Amazon.com, just in German.
Unfortunately, any Amazon credit that you may have in the US Amazon does not carry over into Amazon.de...


A company regards store credit as a liability. I'm entirely unsurprised that they don't want to make that into a liability including weird currency artifacts.

The Japanese Amazon site doesn't even share a common login account, so that's even more exciting to deal with. Compared to that, .de is a snap.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.