Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
We split into two groups of four and, while Geoff, Steve, Jonathan and Chris played a few shorter games, the rest of us got stuck into La Citta.

Players: Don, Mick, Trev, Garry

This is my second game of this excellent new release from Gerd Fenchel, published by Kosmos. It is probably my favourite of the Nuremberg releases this year. I was the only one who had played before but the others picked it up pretty quickly. I think everyone suggested at some point during the game that five actions per turn wasn't enough - we would have liked just one more, and it is this tension of trying to choose the best out of several possibilities while keeping an eye on who is potentially going to lure your population away that keeps you constantly involved.

Mick managed to get a pretty strong position, with one major village behind which he managed to establish an extremely safe third village. Don was the only one to suffer from not being able to feed his population (at the end of turn 2, I think). Only receiving 4 actions the next turn put him at a distinct disadvantage, and he was playing catch-up all the time after that. Trev managed to maintain a pretty strong two village presence on the board, but his lack of a third village probably eased him out of the reckoning at the end. I tried to keep my population steadily increasing, while slowly building up the attractions in both of my major cities. The bonuses for having all 3 attractions in two cities enabled me to (just)overtake Mick's dominant population, as he only had one city attraction bonus.

Result: Garry, Mick, Trev, Don.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.