Ma On Shan
Date Apr 20
Players : 5 (David, Barry, Andy, Joyce, Fion)
duration : 2 hours
Turn number : 6
First, I realized that I forgot to add the initial drawing phase in the rules. I added back that phase anyway.
After set-up, most players went happy shopping (searching) without caring about the zombies. After I told them there is the zombie horde, people suddenly went panic & ran away from it.
Since we only killed one zombie in first turn, there are nine zombies in the mall at start of 2nd turn. Now people began to worry where to evade the zombie horde. It created a great fear to the players. As more zombies are on the map, people found that they are surrounded & must figure out a safe path to go.
Finally people figured out to kill the zombies first is the safest way to evade them. So people began to clear zombies. After killing some zombies, people began to act more aggressively.
Players found that having a slow character in the team is a pain, so most people prefered to run. Now I realized that it's pointless to place extra noise marker for runners as zombies will go after characters anyway.
People found some survivors but none had the items they want so all survivors stayed where they were. Now people began to think where to go next to get the items they want.
As more zombies are killed, characters began to level-up & got some skill bonus markers. But some events & combat results broke some weapons & some characters were out of ammo. People now had better shooting skills but without ammo.
A player (Andy) lost his first character to a surprise attack during searching. To my surprise, Andy was happy b/c he got rid of the old guy & can move much faster now.
By turn 5, two keys were found. The two players can go to the emergency exit to end their game but they didn't achieved any goals yet, so they chose to stay longer.
By turn 6, Tyrant (zombie boss) was found. Andy's last character was killed by it in a single attack. Now Andy was out.
- people enjoyed playing the game cooperately more. Even they got the chance, people didn't want to hurt other players. (most are causal players)
- on the other hands, people always wondered chits in rooms are zombies placed by other players. Usually the ladies didn't trust the guys as they always bluffed & scared the ladies.
- It's not easy to get survivors to join your team, so getting more cash or items with VPs are more beneficial.
- No characters achieved any goals yet. May be if we play a few more turns, some goals can be achieved.
- The game is simple enough for casual players. The ladies are not too familiar with the combat system but they all enjoyed it for the fun of killing zombies & searching for good stuffs. They can handle the double action system well.
- Some claimed the game is too hard b/c zombies spawn every turn.
- Last edited Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:38 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:59 am