Subject: Monthly Dominion Tournaments at Grand Slam [LOVELAND, CO] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Keen
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tried this a couple of years ago. I have been doing this the last couple of months. Thought I would try to advertise this time.

Dominion Tournament
May 11
5PM
Grand Slam Sports Cards, Comics, and Games
1730 W. Eisenhower
Loveland, CO
Entry Fee: $5 (Goes towards gift certificates to top finishers)
Modified Swiss Format)

Details: Each player will play 3-4 rounds of Dominion. Players will play at a table setup identically to every other table. Boards will be created randomly usually pairing two expansions together. Games will finish using the normal rules of Dominion (Run out of Provinces/Colonies or 3 Piles). At the start of the game players will be allowed to choose their starting hand to have 3 or 4 copper, this allows us to cut down on the high variance hands that a 5/2 hand can give you. We've used this starting rule in two tournaments and it has been well received so far.

At the end of the round players will report their scores. They will report their victory points. Players will receive additional scoring for their placement at the table:

1st: 3 Points
2nd: 2 Points
3rd: 1 Point
4th: 0 Points

In the following rounds players with similar "Points" will be seated with each other. This is very similar to a Swiss style tournament. In the following games player order will be determined by scores, the player with the lowest score at a table going first. Will will be using your cumulative victory card scores for tiebreakers. So the player with the highest score will go last.

We will play a number of rounds based on the number of players in attendance. Minimum of three rounds.

Prizes: Top finishers (Usually the top 3-4) will receive prizes in the form of store credit. We have a wide selection of many things. For attending I will be handing out a voucher for 20% off any board game that we carry. That is not in addition to the 10% off that we already offer. We might also have promo cards to hand out (I just talked to Jay Tummelson about this recently, so hopefully we will have them for the next event.)

What to Bring: If you have a full set of Dominion Cards you are encouraged to bring them, as the store only has one complete set it is important that we have enough sets on hand to seat as many people that show up.

You can always rsvp using Facebook, our address is right here: https://www.facebook.com/grandslamcomics

I will update this thread every month with the next date for our next Dominion Tournament. I hope you can make it some time!

- Jason Keen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.