Subject: Publish Rulebook before printing!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sch4fchen
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wanted to ask if the rulebook will be published (for everyone or only backers) before it goes into printing, because in this case a few hundred people would read it and it could be further polished

i only ask this, because the past (e.g. sedition wars...) has shown, that sometimes rulebooks aren t always well written or more often bad translated.
if it s published before it goes into printing, a lot of people could read it and say if some rules can be misunderstood etc.
and especially if the rulebook is good translated
and it s always good to have the rules read by more people and by people who don t know the game (in contrast to the developers).
(you read rules different whether you already know the game or not!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a troll? Do you figure you have the requisite skills to proofread anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sch4fchen
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Is this a troll? Do you figure you have the requisite skills to proofread anything?

I don t speak only of my... it s that a few hundred people who would read the rules often see things that 5-10 developers don t see, and people who haven t played the game many many times (in contrast to the developers who have..) read the rules with another sight

to be clear: i did not want to say that I m the perfect man and read the rules and find any errors or misunderstandings... i speak of the few hundred people who would read the rules and a few of them would find some corrections or improvements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things.

First being, Zpocalypse did just that. And while the rules work, it could have been done smoother.

Second, Im sure John was referencing your punctuation in your original post, at least thats my take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MYTH_FAQ#toc4

Second item down. June, if you're lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sch4fchen
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MYTH_FAQ#toc4

Second item down. June, if you're lazy.

thanks for the hint...
didn t know that ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd never buy or support a game without first flicking through the rules.

No rules = no support from me. Same situation as Zombicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
I'd never buy or support a game without first flicking through the rules.

No rules = no support from me. Same situation as Zombicide.

To each their own.
I suppose im just used to the way it was 10+ yrs ago.
Before the Inet made info so easy to get and all you had was the box to help decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Rules to General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't /need\ to see the rulebook before I get the game, but I tend to highly appreciate it and it makes me like a project far more when I know what I'm in for.

My Zombicide S2 pledge was only as high as it was because I've been S1 & really enjoy it, so I know what kind of thing I'm getting, and know most of the new rules anyway as they weren't exactly super-secretive ^^ I'm sure there's some hidden gems though =D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.