Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
Haute-Savoie, Rhône-Alpes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the hero player only control a single hero in a 2-player game of MEQ?
Grateful for your feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmiranda wrote:
Does the hero player only control a single hero in a 2-player game of MEQ?
Grateful for your feedback!
Yes. However, that hero takes two turns. (i.e. Follow normal hero turn sequence to completion, then draw new hand and start again.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be played that way, but I and many others find more satisfaction in having one player control two heroes while the other player controls Sauron. This avoids the need to use the special rules for one Hero vs one Sauron player. I never really cared for them that much and it's more fun having two heroes on the board anyway IMO.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
Haute-Savoie, Rhône-Alpes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burgess
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Keesvanloomacklin wrote:
It can be played that way, but I and many others find more satisfaction in having one player control two heroes while the other player controls Sauron. This avoids the need to use the special rules for one Hero vs one Sauron player. I never really cared for them that much and it's more fun having two heroes on the board anyway IMO.

Good luck!

After playing a 2p game that way, I'd end up doing the same. Even if the hero gets two turns, it is better to have two heroes. Otherwise that single hero needs to try to run around and cover the entire map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's definitely more interesting to have two different heroes on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.