Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: "treating all doors as if they were open but stopped by locked doors"??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like there's something simple I'm missing with this wording regarding how zombies move around/through doors. Doors exist in only two states correct? Locked and open?

Is there some reason to specify this in this manner? They can't go through locked doors. They can go through open doors. When do they go through a door where they have to "treat it as open" to proceed?

TIA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure what context you are using it in relation to but I think it's basically to cover instances where zombies are in buildings are completely locked. In this instance they would follow the shortest path to noise but stop at the locked doors. Normally they always follow the shortest open route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that ruling only comes into play if there are NO open paths for the zombies to get to a survivor. In that particular case, calculate a path as if all doors were opened, but since they're really not, the zombie will move until he's blocked by a locked door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok I was right...it was something simple - the PLAYER treats the doors as if they were open for the purposes of calculating movement - not the ZOMBIE. I just couldn't get the wording to make sense in my head. Thanks for the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's really zombies.

This rule happen ONLY when the zombies CANNOT reach any survivor on the map. This is really rare but may hapen:
-With the skill "lock-it"
-When special rules make zombies spawn in a closed building
-When you start in a closed room, and zombies are spawning outside.

Then, find the shortest way for the zombies to reach the survivors, as if they could pass through doors.
Then move zombies according to that path, but in reality, they cannot pass through doors, so they stop in front of any door met on their path to reach the survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is an open path to the target, zombies move along that path, ignoring any closed doors. Thus, they could bypass a closed door (which might be the shortest direct route) to reach an open door.

However, if there are NO open paths to the target, then zombies consider all doors as open, for the purposes of determining their path of movement. Since the doors are really closed, however, zombies will not be able to actually move through the closed door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.