Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Great Heartland Hauling Co.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions for DHMG on rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diazaburo Bueno
msg tools
Hey all,

Got around to playing my copy of the game and ran into some questions that the rule book couldn't help me with. Nor could I find some help from the questions already answered on this forum. I'm hoping to get some answers from the top of DHMG. Thanks.

1. In the instance of being moved to the Distribution Center due to not having any cash or Fuel Cards to move, what happens to your Loads that are in your truck? Do they just remain in your truck as your towed away to the Distribution Center?

2. In the instance you make a move with a Fuel Card and end up on a Location Card where you don't have a Freight Bill to Load or Unload your Cargo NOR the Cash for the Refuel Action, What happens?

3. Is it legal to drop to $0 cash?

4. During a game with the TRUCK STOP INSPANSION I had made a move on to a Truck Stop and paid for the Upgrade bringing me down to $0. I thought I would be ok due to the fact that I had Fuel Cards in my hand. Though when it came to my turn all the Locations were occupied and I had no legal move. Nor did I have the cash to pay for the Refuel Action. What happens?

5. Is it legal to move onto a Truck Stop when you only have $5 and buy the Upgrade that is $5 bringing you down to $0? Full well knowing you have no Fuel Cards in your hand and sending your truck to the Distribution Center for the free Refuel Action next turn. Is this considered an abuse of this rule? Sort of rushing to a specific Truck Stop and returning to the Distribution Center for a free hand in this situation?

6. Once every player has purchased a Truck Stop Upgrade, What happens to the remaining Truck Stops on the board? Do they get removed? or can they be used to stop on and move through?

7. I know you can drive through a Truck Stop location, but can you still drive through a Truck Stop location if you have an Upgrade already purchased?

8. Once an Upgrade is purchased, can you stop on an un-purchased Truck Stop and use the $1 Refuel Action for your turn, Not buying the upgrade?

9. We had a situation where a player was adjacent to a Truck Stop surrounded by Toll Roads. The Player had $6 and proceeded to move onto the Truck Stop and paying the $1 for the Toll Road. He then purchased the Truck Stop Upgrade for $5, bringing him to $0. On his next turn he did have a Fuel Card in his hand but he could not move out of the Truck Stop due to the fact he did not afford the Toll Roads that surrounded him. What happens in this situation?

10. The Upgrade Pallet Jack states that you can unload multiple types of goods in a turn. Does this mean. for example I'll use Location Card BEDFORD FALLS, I can UNLOAD a corn, and a soy bean at the same time? Long as you had the right Freight Bills.

11. The Upgrade Hand Truck states that you can load multiple types of goods in a turn. Does this mean. for example I'll use Location Card BEDFORD FALLS, I can LOAD a pig, corn, and a soy bean and the same time? Long as you had the right Freight Bills.

12. If a Native Product is also a product in Demand, do you keep these cubes separate in order to determine which cubes need one Freight Bill to Load and which need two Freight Bills to Load? or since the Demand Product is also a Native Product it only requires one Freight Bill to Load regardless if it was delivered there?

13. In the Instance a player has Cash and no Fuel Cards, but all possible spaces are occupied by other players, What happens? Does he just stay on his Location and use the $1 Refuel Action?

These are all the question we wrote down during our games. Even Though we had lots of questions we had a blast playing the game and see the replay value in this game. Hope to get answers for these question so we don't have to stop and have a rule discussion for 30mins each time something like this comes up. This is going to be a part of our game rotation long as we can get these question answered.

Thank you! and Thanks for the fun game! glad I backed it!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. In the instance of being moved to the Distribution Center due to not having any cash or Fuel Cards to move, what happens to your Loads that are in your truck? Do they just remain in your truck as your towed away to the Distribution Center?


Loads remain in your truck. Feel free to house rule that they're tossed if you like. We toyed with that as an advanced variant at one point.

Quote:
2. In the instance you make a move with a Fuel Card and end up on a Location Card where you don't have a Freight Bill to Load or Unload your Cargo NOR the Cash for the Refuel Action, What happens?


You instantly lose. Just kidding - you're towed to the Distribution Center and take a Discard action for free.

Quote:
3. Is it legal to drop to $0 cash?


Legal, yes. Wise, maybe not.

Quote:
4. During a game with the TRUCK STOP INSPANSION I had made a move on to a Truck Stop and paid for the Upgrade bringing me down to $0. I thought I would be ok due to the fact that I had Fuel Cards in my hand. Though when it came to my turn all the Locations were occupied and I had no legal move. Nor did I have the cash to pay for the Refuel Action. What happens?


You're towed to the Distribution Center and must take a Discard action for free.

Quote:
5. Is it legal to move onto a Truck Stop when you only have $5 and buy the Upgrade that is $5 bringing you down to $0? Full well knowing you have no Fuel Cards in your hand and sending your truck to the Distribution Center for the free Refuel Action next turn. Is this considered an abuse of this rule? Sort of rushing to a specific Truck Stop and returning to the Distribution Center for a free hand in this situation?


Yes, this is legal, and an abuse of the rule. Expect to be pummeled mercilessly by the other players.

Quote:
6. Once every player has purchased a Truck Stop Upgrade, What happens to the remaining Truck Stops on the board? Do they get removed? or can they be used to stop on and move through?


All Truck Stops remain on the board and can be driven through and stopped on. However, since players may only purchase one Truck Stop upgrade during a game, they must take a Discard action since they cannot legally perform any other action.

Quote:
7. I know you can drive through a Truck Stop location, but can you still drive through a Truck Stop location if you have an Upgrade already purchased?


See above answer.

Quote:
8. Once an Upgrade is purchased, can you stop on an un-purchased Truck Stop and use the $1 Refuel Action for your turn, Not buying the upgrade?


See above answer.

Quote:
9. We had a situation where a player was adjacent to a Truck Stop surrounded by Toll Roads. The Player had $6 and proceeded to move onto the Truck Stop and paying the $1 for the Toll Road. He then purchased the Truck Stop Upgrade for $5, bringing him to $0. On his next turn he did have a Fuel Card in his hand but he could not move out of the Truck Stop due to the fact he did not afford the Toll Roads that surrounded him. What happens in this situation?


He's towed to the Distribution Center and takes a Discard action for free. This is pretty much the stock answer for any situation where a player cannot a) move or b) take an action.

Quote:
10. The Upgrade Pallet Jack states that you can unload multiple types of goods in a turn. Does this mean. for example I'll use Location Card BEDFORD FALLS, I can UNLOAD a corn, and a soy bean at the same time? Long as you had the right Freight Bills.


Correct.

Quote:
11. The Upgrade Hand Truck states that you can load multiple types of goods in a turn. Does this mean. for example I'll use Location Card BEDFORD FALLS, I can LOAD a pig, corn, and a soy bean and the same time? Long as you had the right Freight Bills.


Yes, and as long as those particular cubes are present on the Location at the time, of course.

Quote:
12. If a Native Product is also a product in Demand, do you keep these cubes separate in order to determine which cubes need one Freight Bill to Load and which need two Freight Bills to Load? or since the Demand Product is also a Native Product it only requires one Freight Bill to Load regardless if it was delivered there?


Native Goods that are also in demand are still considered Native Goods at that location whether they were "raised" there or trucked in from another location.

Quote:
13. In the Instance a player has Cash and no Fuel Cards, but all possible spaces are occupied by other players, What happens? Does he just stay on his Location and use the $1 Refuel Action?


He's towed to the Distribution Center. However, since the player has cash, he is forced to pay for the Discard action.

Quote:
These are all the question we wrote down during our games. Even Though we had lots of questions we had a blast playing the game and see the replay value in this game. Hope to get answers for these question so we don't have to stop and have a rule discussion for 30mins each time something like this comes up. This is going to be a part of our game rotation long as we can get these question answered.


These are all good questions. We've been working on compiling an FAQ, so I'll have to add most of these to that list.

Glad you had fun, and let us know if you have any more questions!

Cheers,
Chris
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diazaburo Bueno
msg tools
Hey Chris,

Thanks so much for the fast reply. I told the rest of the gang and they want to play again tonight now that we have all these questions answered. Cant wait!

I did have 2 more questions.

1. When the FAQ are done where will they be available? On this forum? On the DHMG web site as a PDF?

2. So last night while we were playing I tried downloading the rule book on the DHMG website seeing it was version 1.0. But once the file was done downloading it said file was corrupt or damaged. So my friends tried to do the same on their laptops and got the same result. So my question is: Is the rule book on the DHMG website (v1.0) different from the rule book that came with the game that was shipped out with the kickstarter pledges?

Thanks again for the quick reply and awesome game!

Diazaburo
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diazaburo wrote:
Hey Chris,

Thanks so much for the fast reply. I told the rest of the gang and they want to play again tonight now that we have all these questions answered. Cant wait!

I did have 2 more questions.

1. When the FAQ are done where will they be available? On this forum? On the DHMG web site as a PDF?


Both, if we get it right.

Quote:
2. So last night while we were playing I tried downloading the rule book on the DHMG website seeing it was version 1.0. But once the file was done downloading it said file was corrupt or damaged. So my friends tried to do the same on their laptops and got the same result. So my question is: Is the rule book on the DHMG website (v1.0) different from the rule book that came with the game that was shipped out with the kickstarter pledges?


Strange, you're the second person to mention it. I'll have to look into the file. It's no different than the rulebook in the box, however. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Happy Hauling!
Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diazaburo Bueno
msg tools
Hey Chris,

I just tried it again and it worked. Also tried it on my phone again and it worked as well.

But since its the same as the one that comes in the box I guess I didnt really need it. Was hoping it had updated rules.

Thanks!,
Diazaburo
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm a meeple person!
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
These are all good questions. We've been working on compiling a FAQ, so I'll have to add most of these to that list.

Glad you had fun, and let us know if you have any more questions!

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Chris,

I know this thread is 4 years old, but was this FAQ eventually published anywhere?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Idanonstop wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
These are all good questions. We've been working on compiling a FAQ, so I'll have to add most of these to that list.

Glad you had fun, and let us know if you have any more questions!

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Chris,

I know this thread is 4 years old, but was this FAQ eventually published anywhere?


Oh, wow - blast from the past! I'll have to make a note to dig that out of the mothballs. We did have one on the old DHMG site build, but it's not up currently. I'll see about getting it set up here and on the GTG site.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.