Popular Tags: [View All]
Wille Fisch
Sweden
Huddinge
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4087

"Along with our full weekend of exciting events and engaging competitions, we’ll announce the next four starship miniatures for X-Wing! Be there when we draw back the curtain and unveil, for the first time ever, four ships that are sure to shake up the X-Wing metagame when they arrive in stores later this year."

What ships are you longing, waiting and wishing for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still the same - TIE Bomber, B-Wing, Lambda shuttle - and maybe the IG-2000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstar ^^ and stardestroyers

For only 2000dollar a piece
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Still the same - TIE Bomber, B-Wing,

Agreed.

Quote:
Lambda shuttle - and maybe the IG-2000.

Really?
I mean, the Lambda shuttle is nothing more than an objective. It lacks real firepower - or am I mistaken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viper Mk.II and Cylon Raider
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme McGee
United Kingdom
Upper Cambourne
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they're going for 'well-known' EU ships, the Z-95 has to be a good bet.

Edit: Tie Bomber and B-Wing are a given, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speeder bikes and ewok gliders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
TIE Bomber, Bwing, Naboo Starfighter and Droid Fighter *shudders*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Alves
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Empire:
Tie bomber
Tie defender
(since we already have squints, eyeballs and brights. We need the dupes and the trips, and why not the blurs too?

Rebels:
B-wing
Z-95

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ground forces!!!! Imperial AT-ATs vs. Jawa Sandcrawlers!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Quote:
Lambda shuttle - and maybe the IG-2000.

Really?
I mean, the Lambda shuttle is nothing more than an objective. It lacks real firepower - or am I mistaken?

Eight forward laser cannons, two backwards ones, and two twin blasters backwards. It's never used in the movies, but I'd call that some firepower
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Strattanville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone has mentioned this before and I totally agree that it would be cool to have Bounty Hunters who could be on either side!

Greedo IG88 Bossk etc...

I would also think maybe a 3rd faction of Hutt space ships would be cool instead of going to the Jar Jar Binx trilogy space ships!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see neutral useable turrets with cards for different gunners.

I would prefer a Skipray Blastboat to a Lambda Shuttle, it is less iconic, but is an actual starfighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Empire gunboat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtaposing the actual launch to this thread
will amuse me. Especially all the people who definitely know. You suck... the fun out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tie Bomber
IG - 88

Z-95
B Wing

That's my hopes but the IG seems like it would be akin to Slave 1 in size so that doesn't balance very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Brimstone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
TIE Bomber and B-Wing are almost certainly coming.

They say that they're really going to change up the meta game with this wave, so maybe the V-Wing for the Empire, which can take droids.

The Headhunter and the TIE Defender are good shouts too though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This from wookieepedia:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Z-95_Headhunter

Though the Z-95 still enjoyed considerable use in the years following the establishment of the New Republic, it was clearly outclassed by fighters developed in the decades since its original release. When compared to the T-65, it was slower, less maneuverable, had lighter armor and shielding, and was not as heavily armed.

So would this be a 2 attack vessel, with a Y-Wing's maneuver template, 1 Shield and 2 Hull? Sounds like a less maneuverable TIE fighter with slightly better critical resistance. Would it ring in at about 10 points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
This from wookieepedia:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Z-95_Headhunter

Though the Z-95 still enjoyed considerable use in the years following the establishment of the New Republic, it was clearly outclassed by fighters developed in the decades since its original release. When compared to the T-65, it was slower, less maneuverable, had lighter armor and shielding, and was not as heavily armed.

So would this be a 2 attack vessel, with a Y-Wing's maneuver template, 1 Shield and 2 Hull? Sounds like a less maneuverable TIE fighter with slightly better critical resistance. Would it ring in at about 10 points?

Interesting. That Wookieepedia article says it could be fitted with Concussion Missiles and could be used in bombing runs. I wonder if there will be low-cost generic pilots without missile slots and higher cost pilots (generic or unique) with missile slots - and perhaps even limiting the type of missiles to just Concussion (?).

A swarm of 10 Z-95's would be pretty intimidating, but it would also make Assault Missiles a lot more important - especially if the Z-95 has low agility (1 or 2). Also, it would be nice if they were sold in packs of 2, analogous to 2 TIE Fighters per core set, since they would be much better in large numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex McKechnie
msg tools
mbmb
Duraham wrote:

I recall reading someplace that their license only extended to cover the OT and the EU. No PT stuff...(thank the maker)

--Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabs wrote:
Viper Mk.II and Cylon Raider

I would pay triple for these, and a Raptor.... and a Stealth Ship/Blackbird....

Basically.... I would kill a man for these to exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excerpts for the B-Wing:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B-wing_starfighter

"The B-wing was a highly adaptable design, with modular hardpoints and other components. Its weapons could be reconfigured more easily than many other Alliance fighters. The B-wing also had a unique gyroscopic rotating cockpit module which was independently stabilized to allow the pilot to coordinate advanced flight and attack maneuvers."

"The B-wing was designed to replace the aging BTL Y-wing starfighter in the heavy assault role against capital ships, as it had the advantage of more weaponry and stronger shields. However, the B-wing had several weaknesses, notably being difficult to fly and lacking speed and agility, affecting its dogfighting capability. Its large hull furthermore made it an easier target and it also had less armor protection. Consequently, it never fully succeeded supplanting the Y-wing as intended.[source?] The B-wing was also expensive to manufacture."

"In particular, the rotating hull system made the B-wing a challenge to master. It also made the ship abnormally delicate; too many sharp turns could cause extreme strain to the spaceframe, and the cockpit rotation system could get stuck in one position."

Okay, there is a lot here. It has more Weaponry than a Y-Wing. Most of this looks upgradable though, so I would expect the laser upgrade Icon from the Slave 1, allowing it to use the Heavy Laser or the Ion cannon. Plus it should introduce 1 or 2 other laser upgrades that will then also transfer back to the Slave 1. It might have 2 laser upgrade icons or will introduce a new upgrade icon, but since it sounds like all its weaponry is modular, I wouldn't be shocked if the ship had a base attack of 0, and you need to put weapons on it.

It has less agility than a Y-Wing, but I can't see them giving it less than 1. Hard turns are evil, so perhaps a 2-turn will also be red in addition to the 3-Turn and 4-Forward the Y-Wing already have red.

It's large hull makes it an easy target, so maybe it will have a 30mm base. Also it has more shields but less armor than a Y-Wing, so maybe 4 Shields and 4 Hull.

It seems like a contradiction that it's rotating cockpit gives the pilots a chance to make advanced attack maneuvers, but it has low maneuverability. I'd like to see how FFG pulls that off. Maybe they get a bonus attack die after a green maneuver. Maybe they get a special future action icon, so they can take an "Action" icon for their action that they can spend later to do two actions on the next turn.

Also, since only superior pilots can fly it, I wonder if the named pilots will have the elite pilot upgrade. We have debated that they didn't give Horton an elite pilot ability because expert handling or Daredevil would be impossible in a Y-Wing.

As far as cost, if they do give it a base attack of 0 and more red on its dial than the Y-Wing, then it should be much cheaper than 18. Maybe 14. Maybe 12. But since you have to put weapons on it, the cheapest "Good" ship might be over 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Albertese wrote:
Duraham wrote:

I recall reading someplace that their license only extended to cover the OT and the EU. No PT stuff...(thank the maker)

--Alex

It's been said a few times by people who don't seem to know what they are talking about, or bother thinking too much about it.

After all, the "Senator's Shuttle" in the X-Wing Core Set is from Episode I. There are plenty of other examples in FFG's stuff, too - they definitely have some license to the prequels material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Really?

No, you are not. Besides there are PLENTY of Lambda shuttle toys that can be used for this.

I'd rather have the Senator's shuttle than the Lambda. At least we haven't seen it before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
As far as cost, if they do give it a base attack of 0 and more red on its dial than the Y-Wing, then it should be much cheaper than 18. Maybe 14. Maybe 12. But since you have to put weapons on it, the cheapest "Good" ship might be over 20.

I made this point in one of the myriad other Wave 3 speculation threads, but currently the maximum number of Heavy Laser Cannons that can be fielded in a 100-point tournament-style game is 2, and I would expect that to remain the case.

And that puts a floor on the cost of a base B-wing + HLC: if it's lower than 34, I can field three ships with sustained 4 Attack. That kind of firepower reliably puts a Falcon or Firespray down in two rounds--which might be an interesting adjustment to the metagame, except that it also reliably takes down almost any starfighter at a rate of one per round.

So if one of the ships is the B-wing, and if the B-wing has the Cannon upgrade slot (and I agree with you that both of those things are likely), then I would expect the base model to cost at least 34-7 = 27 points. Fortunately, that's consistent with a starfighter-sized ship with 3 Attack, 1 Agility, and some combination of hull and shields adding up to 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.