Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Horn of Gondor states:

For each different non-starter cards among cards you play or have played this turn, +1 power

Does that include the Horn of Gondor itself? ie if it is the only artifact I play, it still counts +1 for itself?

Also, how about corruption? Can I play a corruption card and use the Horn to give it a +1 power?
ie Are corruptions ever considered played or just discarded?

On the subject of corruption....
when a player gains corruption, does this go immediately into the discard pile or into the hand?
We have been playing the former, but with card interactions it becomes a crucial point devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to hear the official ruling on the 1st question but for the gaining corruption they go directly into your discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Daniel
Czech Republic
Ostrava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horn of gondor is artifact and gives you +1 power for artifact type. Corruptions have not type, so they dont give +1 power to Horn of Gondor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Daniel
Czech Republic
Ostrava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steerpike.Instance wrote:

when a player gains corruption, does this go immediately into the discard pile or into the hand?
We have been playing the former, but with card interactions it becomes a crucial point devil

I think that is good to read a rulebook before gameplay..
Page 9 "Gaining Cards"

;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calmien wrote:
Horn of gondor is artifact and gives you +1 power for artifact type. Corruptions have not type, so they dont give +1 power to Horn of Gondor.

but there is no reference to 'type' on the Horn of Gondor card?

Also corruption is a distinct type of card

I'd like to hear the official ruling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calmien wrote:

I think that is good to read a rulebook before gameplay..
Page 9 "Gaining Cards"

;-)

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Daniel
Czech Republic
Ostrava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calmien wrote:

but there is no reference to 'type' on the Horn of Gondor card?

Also corruption is a distinct type of card

I'd like to hear the official ruling

Horn of Gondor "For each different non-starter card type among cards you play or have played this turn, +1 power"

same thing.. in rulebook page 2.. "The different card types that you can play are: Starter, Enemy, Location, Ally, Maneuver, Artifact, and Fortune. Corruption cards have no card type".

Cardy type is writen on cards on left side below picture.

I think thats obvious..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ concur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

The Horn of Gondor states:

For each different non-starter cards among cards you play or have played this turn, +1 power

Does that include the Horn of Gondor itself? ie if it is the only artifact I play, it still counts +1 for itself?

Also, how about corruption? Can I play a corruption card and use the Horn to give it a +1 power?
ie Are corruptions ever considered played or just discarded?

As mentioned already... the rules state that Corruptions go straight to your discard pile. Horn of Gondor checks card types. Corruption has no type.

You may play a Corruption or leave it in your hand. Playing it does nothing unless an outside effect says something happens.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the clarifications and the gentle prods to read the rules more thoroughly

Matt - great game - it just keeps on giving!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Daniel
Czech Republic
Ostrava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the clarifications and the gentle prods to read the rules more thoroughly

Matt - great game - it just keeps on giving!

You welcome ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.