Zombicide» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ambulance and play method rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
I just made this ambulance to add a little variety to the vehicles.
The way i will play it is the front two seats work like any other vehicle all rules the same.
The back will work just like a mobile building. You can break open the back doors with any tool able to open doors. Once it is open it cannot be closed. When you first open the door a zombie spawn card will be drawn for the interior. If a player is in the back and a zombie enters the space it is parked in, it will take them an addtional move to enter the ambulance as if you are inside a building.
In addition only the front occupants are able to shoot or melee from inside the vehicle.
Any other thoughts or ideas on this would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice creation!
It is also a perfect way for having (maybe just once) a wounded survivor getting a free medical treatment (=remove a wound)

other ideas:
finding "a defibrillator" could be fun too (need a custom equipmentcard) used to revive someone once in a game or an adrenaline shot that gives an extra action(s)...

greetz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm liking your ideas and graphics. If I had your skills, I'd make an end-cap tile, that could be used to make a corner room with 2 sides into a 3 sided room or turn a 1 sided building into a corner building (or with left/right endcap tiles a 3 sided building, i.e. the garage ornthe restaurant). The tile would have the end cap on one side, streets on 2 sides and a 4th open side with the space between the streets and the end caps either parking spaces, playlot, sheds, etc, lots of visual possibilities. If this idea appeals to you, I'd like to see what you could come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as I was trying to create a scenario last week where a building needed to be put in an l-shape surrounded by streets, but it was not possible because you lack a corner tile (building tile with one corner as street)
With such a tile many new layout-options will become available

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really awesome rules and vehicle.. Might I suggest that you make b-side of the ambulance with open doors if it works like the normal doors. Keep up the good work..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
I guess I am not exactly sure what this tile you would like looks like, if you would post or send me a quick sketch of the basic outline I will give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I clearly mistyped that! I meant the building needed to be in an L-shape.
Its a tile to make the corner of that building.
With 2 of those you can make a street/alley with a dead end too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conorboy wrote:
I guess I am not exactly sure what this tile you would like looks like, if you would post or send me a quick sketch of the basic outline I will give it a try.

Through the magic of iPad screen capture and a free drawing app:
End caps are just exterior walls for rooms without them.
A path is a non-drivable one lane road that wouldn't trigger spawn,
and on different tiles could have various markings for 1, 2, 3 movement.
Any graphics in the free area could be spawnable with various marked
off areas.

In the above case a corner tile gets an end cap.
Below, here is an overlay that changes a long narrow 2 room building into a one room building.

A nice change to this overlay would be a narrow building end cap at the bottom and a path section to replace the road, as in the drawing below.
Hope this gives you an idea of how end caps can make existing tiles more versatile and add new tile ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
If i get what you are saying it would work with tile 5C and look something like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this link helpful for easy refering to a specific layout...

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4655/zombitile.png

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cepero wrote:
I found this link helpful for easy refering to a specific layout...

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4655/zombitile.png

Even that is missing some layouts (e.g. where is the 'parking lot' layout that will be in TCM)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conorboy wrote:
If i get what you are saying it would work with tile 5C and look something like this:

Your tile is my overlay 'onto 5C' idea with an endcap applied to the long back side of the garage 3C, which is also something I'd want. From the glossary of layouts 'link', we can see that there is the need for a lot of different layouts, because of the need to connect roads properly. We would still need a variation on your overlay with the endcap for an adjacent corner tile 1C, and your overlay with a 'center' endcap for an adjacent 6B/5E tile (my two drawings). I really like what you did, especially the bushes and the opening to allow a door, but there might need to be an endcap wall behind the bushes for the single room that was just created with the overlay. Thanks for your efforts. I'm still looking forward to trying out your motel tiles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conorboy wrote:

I've just noticed that you've made a 'property dividing fence' wall, not an endcap 'exterior wall of a building' wall. Tile 7B has four exterior walls, as it is a single room. A corner tile has a building with 2 exterior walls and 2 interior walls (actually one interior wall and a non-wall side). My endcap idea is variety of placement, aesthetic graphics to give the interior sides exterior walls, and add a new map element, the 'cut-across' path (not drivable, not spawnable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
maybe a different variation like this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conorboy wrote:
maybe a different variation like this

Great job! How do you do this so quickly? Once again, your design elements have left a nice gap for a back door next to the dumpster.

I was finally able to get your motel printed up. It was a convoluted process, as I no longer have a printer that does B4, and the copy machine I tried to use had trouble reading the various files I tried, until I put it into a pdf. With this image, without the street part, I may have trouble getting the right size, but I suppose I can figure it out with a little hit and miss.

In the motel scenario, my heroes need to break into the motel office to get the master key to unlock the door to the room at the very end. Their friends had locked themselves in, but one turned and the other is barricaded in the bathroom with no weapons, so can't unlock the door for them. However, when they break into the office, zombies are going to awaken in all the other rooms (doors already open), office and pool area.

Thanks for the new tiles!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
i have all the seperate elements in photoshop and can add, delete and change fairly quickly, the most time consuming is making new objects for the maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.