M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, revisiting this game and reading up on the rules (2.0)

The rules state the hexside limit is 1 for crossing a river and the army unit has to stop moving. A bridge also has a hexside limit of 1 - but the unit does not have to stop moving.

The hexside limits only count when entering a battlehex (a hex with enemy units).

This makes my 'ead 'urt.

1) If my army units cross a river without a bridge into a hex without enemies, what happens?
- Does that mean that they still must stop moving but the hex limit of 1 does not count (not a battle hex). So 4 army units can cross a river into an unoccupied clear hex?

2) Am I correct that for battle purposes there's no difference between a bridged and an unbridged river?
- both have a hexside limit of 1 and for both goes that your crossing unit has to stop:
-- over the bridge due to battle and
-- over the unbridged river both due to battle and due to the special 'stop after crossing' rule.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct on both counts. Hexside limits only apply when entering a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget that army units entering a battle across a river hexside (with or without a bridge) forfeit their combat round 1. They don't get to fire in the first round of combat, but they may be fired upon & take damage as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.