Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I've done my research and about to drop my hard earned...

Is anyone buying the additional set of tiles that we already get in the base game for $35?

Have I missed some important use for them?

I'll definitely get the additional 6x6 tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't imagine why you would, but back in the dim days before we knew about all the other tiles and what the tiles netted us, folks were asking for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
The extras game tiles that repeat the main game were added at the request of some KS customers. Since they are double sided tiles, this would allow you to use both sides of a tile connected together.

Personally, this would be very low on my add-on priority list, but someone out there wanted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've seen anyone say they're getting them to be honest.

As far as I'm aware, the only use would be custom scenario's, if you wanted to do a pre-built dungeon or something. The actual game shouldn't/won't need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
D6Frog's point is excellent, which is why I'm pledged for 2xCaptain, plus what I consider to be game extending add-ons. It's almost entirely predicated on the idea that I have three kids that want to play and so I'll need two of the same Hero decks.

Honestly though, if you have the money for it, two Captains nets you so much stuff that, assuming the game gains traction, you should be able to sell off all the extras pretty easy here on BGG or eBay. As a point of reference, what I consider to be worthwhile works out to $340.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice folks.

I originally started out thinking Apprentice for sure but by the time I looked at add on I was up to $248.

Late last night I watched all the videos and I started to think more carefully. It is just so easy to get caught up in the KS hype of a project sometimes.

I know the deal is great, the mini's super cheap...but many fans of the game play RPGs or other mini based games where these can be used.

I don't.

So I have to take those purchase triggers out of the equation.

So last night I was thinking, "ok let's strip back to Captain and then get some of the extras. This makes for a much cheaper investment...

But you make some good points. I think I will crunch the numbers in a few hours time after work because as you say...It may just be smarter to go x2 Captain as I will get a heap more stuff for only a little more than a bunch of add-ons I won't need to get now.

Thanks for taking the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.