Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are kind of hazy and I am wondering if you are allowed to have a run on the table of MORE than 4 tiles? For example, I have on my rack (all Blue) 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Am I allowed to play all 5? and then someone else or myself can ADD to that run later with a 3 or 9?

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that's how we play. Then, the next player can take the frst or last tile(s) from that run and use them for something else as long as three are left in the original run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt! Our first game last night and we only played it that you could ONLY have 4 in a run... didn't seem to make sense. Rules in the game we got are kind of poorly written. It says:

RUNS: All runs must consist of at least 3 tiles of the same color.

However, the rules never gives any examples of more than 4 tiles in a run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"at least" is the key phrase here I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, we play that the run can be as long as you want, as long as it has at least 3 tiles in it. Some play that if a run gets to thirteen, you can continue with a one, two etc, but we don't. Most people that I know play that runs start at one and stop at thirteen.

Also you can break runs up too. So if you had 23456 on the table and someone had another 4 you can split it 234 456. As long as you are left with a minimum 3 tiles in each.

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrgumby98 wrote:
Yes, we play that the run can be as long as you want, as long as it has at least 3 tiles in it. Some play that if a run gets to thirteen, you can continue with a one, two etc, but we don't. Most people that I know play that runs start at one and stop at thirteen.

Also you can break runs up too. So if you had 23456 on the table and someone had another 4 you can split it 234 456. As long as you are left with a minimum 3 tiles in each.

Regards.

We don't play with the 12, 13, 1, 2 rule, but the rest is exactly right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I think we played it right last night... although, I lost badly!whistle We also stop at 13.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Actually, I just need to correct what i said because someone corrected me. The people I know allow a one to be added to a thirteen, but no more. They are card players and they see it as playing Ace High. But again, we don't play that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrgumby98 wrote:
Actually, I just need to correct what i said because someone corrected me. The people I know allow a one to be added to a thirteen, but no more. They are card players and they see it as playing Ace High. But again, we don't play that way.

OK, we never played that way with "Rummy 500" either. But I remember people who did. Probably just depends on "who" taught you. Grandparents? OR just people. You'd most likely play the way grandparent taught you

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.