Trail of the Brotherhood» Forums » General

Subject: Any news rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to this game.

Any news? Plans for a Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this on pre-order since last August/October at CardHaus, along with several other items. They wouldn't ship out my games until the entire order came in. What they didn't tell me is that this game had been dropped by its publisher, which meant that it would be coming in ... possibly never. I had to find this out myself, at which point -- THIS MONTH (yes, I'm a patient person ... takes a lot for me to hit my limit) -- I cancelled this order plus some of the others, and actually drove to them to get what I ordered that had come in and been sitting there for months and months. When I did so, and confronted them about this title, they then said that it was being picked up by a different publisher, but didn't say who. So I am not very encouraged on this one ... but I gues it is a sort of 'news'. And it's going to take a hell of a lot to get me to use CardHaus ever again. Starting with a complete change to their product information updates and shipping practices. Just terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

It should be noted on the page for this game that I had granted the publisher several extensions but they continued to fail to meet them. when it became clear they did not plan to release in the near future (after being years overdue, then months past the new contract extension) I cancelled the contract and pulled the game back.

The game is on hold by me at this point as I want to update a few things since this game was designed over 6 years ago. Once I complete these changes I will seek out a new publisher.

In the meantime, I thank you for your interest and I apologize for the problem CardHaus created for you.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Mandrioli
msg tools
Richard, thanks for taking the time to give us some news!
I am very interested in this game and awaiting with eagerness for its release.
If you begin a Kickstarter for it, I will surely contribute. Maybe you could contact some of the wildly successful publishers there, such as Arcdream or Modiphius. Just saying...

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mandrill_one wrote:
Richard, thanks for taking the time to give us some news!
I am very interested in this game and awaiting with eagerness for its release.

If you begin a Kickstarter for it, I will surely contribute. Maybe you could contact some of the wildly successful publishers there, such as Arcdream or Modiphius. Just saying...

Roberto

+1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that Fantasy Flight Games will release a Trail-clone before the original gets published

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146021/eldritch-horror

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agentdonald wrote:
It seems that Fantasy Flight Games will release a Trail-clone before the original gets published

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146021/eldritch-horror

I think currently we know little about Eldritch Horror or Trail to call either one a "clone" of the other one. Also given Richard's good working relationship with FFG, I doubt he'd put out a similar game or they'd do the reverse to him.

What we do know is that EH is a co-op game where players face a "cardboard AI" similar to AH. In Trail, its more that several players face off again an opposing player more like Fury of Dracula or Mansions of Maddness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Maclean
United Kingdom
Innsmouth House
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
I did a short video review of the 1990 & 2004 editions for patrons of YSDC. I do hope it sees print one day. It's a fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while now.
Any news/teasers?
My guess is that many people are really interested in this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.