The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on quest - Hunt for Gollumn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It says after "quest successfully", reveal the top 3 cards from encounter deck, choose 1 and discard others.

My question is, does "quest successfully" means after committing characters to quest and total spirit values are equal or more than the threat values?

Another question is on Quest 3B, it says player with at least 1 clue only able to commit characters to quest. If I have a clue attached on a Hero, so I can commit as many characters as I can to quest, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
My question is, does "quest successfully" means after committing characters to quest and total spirit values are equal or more than the threat values?

Yes.

birdkingz wrote:
Another question is on Quest 3B, it says player with at least 1 clue only able to commit characters to quest. If I have a clue attached on a Hero, so I can commit as many characters as I can to quest, right?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Questing successfully" happens after you have totalled up the Willpower to show it is greater than the Threat in the staging area. It happens before placing progress tokens on the active location and quest though.

If you have at least one Hero with a Clue card attached, any of your characters can commit to the quest. If you do not have a Hero with a Clue attached, you cannot commit characters to the quest. If neither player has a Clue card attached, that is when you reset the quest to 2B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:

Not quite. "Equal to" doesn't count. You must have a total committed willpower greater than the total threat in the staging area to quest successfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
birdkingz wrote:

Yes.

No. See above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fuller
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
birdkingz wrote:

Not quite. "Equal to" doesn't count. You must have a total committed willpower greater than the total threat in the staging area to quest successfully.

This is correct. It should be mentioned that if your willpower=threat, this does not count as questing successfully or unsuccessfully. This small difference does come into play for certain cards, such as Bofur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the detailed clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.