Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there has been a news post regarding the tablet version of this but I didn't notice any mention of the PC version, or any decent footage for that matter (please feel free to correct me and remove this post if I'm wrong). So here is a link to good quality footage and a short article from Rock Paper Shotgun (an excellent PC gaming site that is also very boardgame friendly, and in fact features regular articles by Downtime's Robert Florence).

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/28/space-hulk-footag...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen anyone lead with the Sarge and the flamer. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time 2 Roll wrote:
I've never seen anyone lead with the Sarge and the flamer. shake

True. The 3rd edition version of suicide mission is pretty broken anyway with 2 blips per turn. The other editions only had one blip per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you have any questions, simply shoot them my way and I'll answer ASAP.

We got a Facebook up as well for the game and regularly update, answer questions etc.

My strategy of sarge and flamer simply works for me I've found. I'm certain there are other very valid tactics out there :-)

Best
Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas, the game looks amazing! I wonder if there will be an option to play with 1st edition rules. Obviously, the suicide mission would only have one Genestealer blip per turn. Both the first and second editions of Space Hulk had players drawing two blips and then adding one per turn, including the first turn. It's a very important change. A suicide mission doesn't mean that the mission has to be a failure, just that the heroes don't come back.

And I prefer the first edition rules, so having an option to play that way would be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ian - we want to make the absolutely best looking and playing Space Hulk. Only get this one chance to do it right :-)

Our license is to make the 3rd ed board game first. And then we can start adding things past that point. We have yet to decide what we are doing past that point besides the obvious expansions in chapters.

So no promises yet on 1st ed rules, but you are not the first to say this.

Best
Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Coomber
Australia
Camp Hill
QLD
flag msg tools
Hey Thomas,

Very much looking forward to the release of SH - it's looking fantastic so far!

It's going to be great to be able to have the tabletop version out simultaneously and use the AI movement via the PC game to play also!

Will there be an option to play as the stealer only in solo mode?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Leading the way with brother Zael (the flamer) is a very efficient tactic on this mission. I use this tactic most of the time, and have a good ratio of success.

Btw, concerning the futur electronic version of Space Hulk, I've heard that it should be released on PC and IOS... Is there any chance to see it on Android Tablets too ?
Of course, I'll buy the PC version as soon as I can, but as someone that spend a lot of time in Airport and planes for my work, I'd really like to be able to kill some genestealers during all of thèses boring hours
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who send the Flamer forward, what is your preferred strategy for opening the door to the objective room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant remember if it shows in the GameSpot video of me playing.

But I move a bolter guy up to the door to open it - and then flame him in the back with Zael who has been blocking the intersection every turn with flames.

Not called suicide mission for nothing - hehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
It really depend if they are some Genestealers Inside or not.
Usually, my tactic is to order Zael to flame the crossroad right in front of the last room to block the Genestealers and clear the road, then rush on the next turn to cross it, turn back and flame the crossroad again behind him.
Sergent Lorenzo is always right behind him, and if some Genestealers are camping inide the room, he then blast the door away from afar (You can easily switch marines at the crossroads points.

The real delicat point in this mission is th L-Shape turn with the door. You need to be here and open it asap (usually on turn 2).
Also, don't forget that after each move and rotation, you've got a free fire.
It can really help you to progress faster at the begining of the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this while wandering through GDC Play this year just before they were closing the doors there and was blown away with this and was quite excited. Not sure who it was I was talking to (if it was you Thomas or not I don't remember) but whomever it was was very informative and got me super amped up for this. I cannot wait, you got my purchase day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ken - we had me (goatee guy) and Lee (bald guy) :-D

Was great seeing all then people who came up and played / watched. Getting some of the reactions from real players is what makes my heart beat faster.

So thanks for coming up and chatting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I missed it, but is the option to shoot your bolter for free each time you move or turn still in the game? I use those free shots to blast open doors as I approach them, will I still be able to?

Corrected the pillow to something more lethal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
TazarYoot wrote:
shoot your bolster
laugh The hilarity of typos. I can see it now - Space Hulk: Pillowfighting the Tyranids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yepski! Still in the 3rd ed rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of curious if the computer/ios version will affect the resale of Space Hulk on Ebay and the Marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Douglas
msg tools
If its anything like WHQ, it appears tabletop prices have actually gone up a bit since the iPad version came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Johnson
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to say I have per-ordered this Game on Steam yesterday! So happy you made it.

Can we get a break down of the differences in rules\play between the 3rd edition board game and PC Game?

I am reading the article here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/01/space-hulk-previe...

Where you, Thomas mention the flamer works differently, what else did you change?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Nielsen
Denmark
Herning
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a search for it since I heard they had changed the command point system, this is what I found

Quote:
We have made a video game out of the board game, and not made a 1:1 translation. There are certain rules and mechanics that we changed to make it play as a video game.

These include:
- flamer uses a template and does not target a section only (since those do not exist in a video game)
- as long as a unit has action points left, you can return to it and do actions on it
- we automated move+fire against visible enemies for Storm bolters. Terminators will shoot while moving if they have an enemy in line of sight. Targetting doors is a manual process using the "Set move and fire target" button. Manual process is also required for limited ammo weapons like the assault cannon.
- you can move multiple units at the same time
- space marine timer is optional
- reworked and automated the command point usage in the enemy turn. Jammed weapons will automatically unjam if there are command points left. Interrupting enemy turn is not possible
- Librarians charge their force axe automatically if they would otherwise lose a close combat fight
- guard mode and parry rolls are automated

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/242570/discussions/0/864974467...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Griffin_IV wrote:
Happy to say I have per-ordered this Game on Steam yesterday! So happy you made it.

Can we get a break down of the differences in rules\play between the 3rd edition board game and PC Game?

I am reading the article here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/01/space-hulk-previe...

Where you, Thomas mention the flamer works differently, what else did you change?

Thanks!

i would like to pre-order but the pre-order bonuses are ridiculous for the price of the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended up automating various things besides the flamer.

E.g. you automatically use move and fire against enemies. If you want to shoot at doors or other targets than closes LOS enemy, then you can manually set the target.

We also automated bonus rolls for sergeants, parry, guard

The big one is obviously having made the decision on the command points in enemy turn part.

To no get into totally ridiculous async network rollback scenarios, we ended up using command points left for auto unjam. Thats it. And it works surprisingly well to keep the tactical option open while still having a fun and fluid game experience.

We are aware that some die hard fans will scream and shout. Their careful laid out tactics all destroyed, the game being ruined and so on. But try the game before you judge us!! We have had lots of die hard fans of Space Hulk testing the game - and not a single one of them missed it. Not one!! And it was actually the suggestion from one of them to remove CP in enemy turn completely that lead us to this simple and elegant solution.

2 weeks to go now - very very exciting times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting interview with Thomas can be found here

Apparently there is a coop mode with up to 3 players playing Terminators, sounds exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McGovern
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Due out today tomorrow (oops) looking forward to it, even if I won't get to ply much with guests here till Sunday :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a video of some one playing the first few missions:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.