Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They're offering a lot of cool stuff for the pledge..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we been know when the DDD KS will be? Grab Myth now. It is an awesome deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up myth...it could be a month or two before We even see this game. Which would give you time to save your money For this game..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks ! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
go with MYTH. there is still time and its a great deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just asked myself the same question last night. It's a tough one, as those stretch goals for Myth are dang enticing. I decided to hold out though. Hopefully the DDD kickstarter begins soon. So hard to resist buying another game...
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

DDD kickstarter should be up soon.
The aim is early may. Queens is just finalizing some stretch goals.
I am very happy how this campaign is coming along.

Myth, as far as I can tell, is a very different kind of game, so why not get both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:
so why not get both

Limited funds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:

I looked at Myth and I agree that you get a lot of mass for your dollar.

Watching the gameplay videos tho, Myth all seems so, samey, ordinary, redundant, derivative.

I'm couldn't answer why I would ever choose to play Myth over the charm of Mice and Mystics, the brutal beatdown of Warhammer Quest, or the adversarial Descent 2nd ed. I passed.

I'd wait to see what DDD has to offer or whatever next month's half dozen miniature tactics games happen to be. Remember, "the next big thing" is a monthly occurrence these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Remember, "the next big thing" is a monthly occurrence these days.

It's been like that for many years - that's one of the wonderful aspects of this hobby! There is always new stuff to explore.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
@Daniel Kearns

I did not enjoy Mice and Mystic and do not find it charming but rather, well boring. Hate the cheese mechanic and how easy it is to lose 1hr worth of gameplay when some minions roll cheese nonstop.

I intend to play this as a Co-op with my wife, who HATES it when other people beat her in games. Therefore Descent is a big juicy NO.

Would love to try DDD as it is a Co-op game (the ones my wife likes) and also a survival horror (the kind I love)

"Watching the gameplay videos tho, Myth all seems so, samey, ordinary, redundant, derivative"

^
Agreed soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why even choose between two so different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myth has a lot of stuff and really nice minis but the gampelay didn't seem exciting to me so I passed.

I very excited for DDD, good news to hear it should be starting next month.

I would suggest taking a look at Galaxy Defenders if you've not seen it yet http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/galaxy-defend...

its a co-op tactical sci-fi minis game and they have Aliens and predator as KS exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Thunder wrote:
dkearns wrote:
Remember, "the next big thing" is a monthly occurrence these days.

It's been like that for many years - that's one of the wonderful aspects of this hobby! There is always new stuff to explore.

Peace

Perhaps almost daily... There's on average 1,000 new boardgames a year, according to the bgg database. And that excludes the ones that don't get rated!

I'd go with Myth (says the guy who's pledged and is keen to get to the final stretch goals)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah Myth just got a free KDM mini-boss. SOLD!

Good luck with your Kickstarter Mr Ausloos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather go with this. After years of play testing and development, I'm hedging my bets on this being the better game. Myth looks boring IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
skolo wrote:

I looked at Myth and I agree that you get a lot of mass for your dollar.

Watching the gameplay videos tho, Myth all seems so, samey, ordinary, redundant, derivative.

I'm couldn't answer why I would ever choose to play Myth over the charm of Mice and Mystics, the brutal beatdown of Warhammer Quest, or the adversarial Descent 2nd ed. I passed.

I'd wait to see what DDD has to offer or whatever next month's half dozen miniature tactics games happen to be. Remember, "the next big thing" is a monthly occurrence these days.

might be true. or not. release date is Jan 2014. There is no rulebook yet right? Gameplay video is not everything, its not final.
Strech goal thing is amazing. 400k in 20hours. Its over 800k with last free boss addon. Might be more when MYTH awakes ;-)

plus, you can sell it. it is a good investment imho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
noahshu wrote:
I picked up myth...it could be a month or two before We even see this game. Which would give you time to save your money For this game..

Am I missing something here? Why is everyone talking about Myth in the present tense?

The Myth main page says it won't be published until next year. Is that mistaken and the game is already out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Zhu
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
The kickstarter for Myth just finished, but there are a lot of gameplay videos about it that have been uploaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Noashu was saying it may be a month or two until DDD shows up on KS, giving you time to save up some money so that you can pledge for both games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I supported Myth, and while I do have some concerns about the gameplay, I also invested in Zombicide with even less information (i.e. no gameplay videos) last year and it turned out just fine.

But yes, after Zombicide S2 and Dwarven Forge my wallet needs a rest to cool off before I can invest in another board game... and (thankfully) Robotech just isn't doing it for me, so that leaves DDD as my next likely target.

Although, for the life of me, I can't seem to get the Robotech theme song out of my head...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.