Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in my last session report, but haven't gotten an answer yet, so here goes. I used Legacy's heroic interception which makes him take 3 points of damage and everyone else is immune to damage. That same turn, the Wraith deployed smoke bombs which deflects attacks that would target the player with the lowest hp and redirect them to the player with the highest hp.

In this scenario, Omnitron deploys sedative fletches which destroys all hero ongoing cards. So the only character that can be affected by this is Legacy because of heroic interception as I am interpreting the card's abilities. Yet, due to the smoke bomb and the fact that Legacy is the character with the lowest hp at this time, the attack would be redirected to the Wraith who is immune.

So my question is, was I right in not destroying any ongoing cards, should I have destroyed only Legacy's ongoing cards, or should I have destroyed all hero on-going cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
eggroll20xd6 wrote:
I posted this in my last session report, but haven't gotten an answer yet, so here goes. I used Legacy's heroic interception which makes him take 3 points of damage and everyone else is immune to damage. That same turn, the Wraith deployed smoke bombs which deflects attacks that would target the player with the lowest hp and redirect them to the player with the highest hp.

In this scenario, Omnitron deploys sedative fletches which destroys all hero ongoing cards. So the only character that can be affected by this is Legacy because of heroic interception as I am interpreting the card's abilities.

Negative - destroying Ongoings is not dealing damage, so no one is immune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the steps in the order written on the card.

1. Deal 5 projectile damage to each character. In the scenario you describe, your characters are handily immune to this.

2. Destroy all ongoing cards. Heroic Interception doesn't do anything to prevent this. The characters do not have to be damaged for this to take effect.

So, the attack is completely negated, but your heroes do not have ongoing cards anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well crud. That would have probably made the game a bit longer, but I'm pretty sure the result would have been the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, if the effects are written as separate lines they are not linked. And if they are linked it will say something like "each target that takes damage also has all ongoing cards destroyed."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.