Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And when you look on the games main page it also shows this image for the second printing, and that is why for the BGG list we get a counter tray picture. Not really appropriate I would say. Trying to correct this seems to be hard as I tried to, but got an admin response that directed me to
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Representative_Image

So its got to be voted on? How the hell did a counter tray image win this vote in the first place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what the outrage is about. It's part of the GeekMod process to reduce admin workload and really doesn't take much time.
You are right though, it's not the best picture. I just proposed a new one from the game gallery. It should appear in the GeekMod system now. Go to "Misc -> GeekMod -> Data" to vote on it if you want.

Also, I don't think it was so much "win the vote" as there generally is just one suggestion at a time. And if there is no previous representative image most people will vote yes just to get something there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no outrage. I'm just sure this was never intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never went into Misc > Geekmod before. Interesting. So this is how stuff gets voted on. For 3 years I've never looked there. And honestly, I still won't. I just use the forum for the regular stuff like ask questions and make comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully it will change here too. When you select the image for the second addition you are taken to an irrelevant discussion about the counter tray. For the first edition cover you have a relevant discussion. In any case, I suppose the first editions cover should be used right? There was no change at all correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first image linked to the second printing is automatically selected as the rep image. The cover for the second printing isa little bit different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasAH wrote:
The first image linked to the second printing is automatically selected as the rep image. The cover for the second printing isa little bit different.

That's probably the issue. There are currently three pictures linked to the second printing, none of which are very suitable as representative images.
I submitted a link image request to have the rep image of the first printing linked to the second one so that it can eventually replace the counter image.

EDIT: New rep image has been approved through GeekMod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.