John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art for Creation and Control lends me to believe that it will be in a full size box similar to the Core Set. This makes no sense to me if all we are getting is 165 cards, 87 fewer than the Core Set. The Core Set was the size it was to accomodate token sheets and the rule book. Here, if all it is are cards, then a big box means that FFG hates the environment

What I think though is that new mechanisms will be introduced to the game requiring new tokens and the big sheet that goes with that. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
The art for Creation and Control lends me to believe that it will be in a full size box similar to the Core Set. This makes no sense to me if all we are getting is 165 cards, 87 fewer than the Core Set. The Core Set was the size it was to accomodate token sheets and the rule book. Here, if all it is are cards, then a big box means that FFG hates the environment

What I think though is that new mechanisms will be introduced to the game requiring new tokens and the big sheet that goes with that. Thoughts?

It's their usual deluxe expansion size for LCGs, not the full size box ala the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, didn't realize the decreased depth. What are the dimensions of the GoT deluxe expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
Cool, didn't realize the decreased depth. What are the dimensions of the GoT deluxe expansions?

I believe the "big box" expansions are 8.00" x 8.00" x 1.00".

The core set, by comparison, is 11.75" x 11.75" x 3.00."

Here's some images to give you an idea of the size in comparison with the core set and data packs:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's almost best to think of the Deluxe as an almost triple Data Pack.

Though, I bet there's a new keyword or focus for the cycle with an insert explaining it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Jennings
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also box size directly equates to shelf presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those expansion boxes look great to make up a "travel size" set with enough counters and a couple decks to play on the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:

The environment is a distant third to profit and sales. The Core Set is the size that it is to maximize visibility on a game store shelf. The sizes of the token sheet and rulebook were dictated by the size of the box, not the other way around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross W
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To go further down the rabbi hole of sizes, I imagine that there are certain standard sizes to be found at the "box-maker". Which are likely predicated on packing into a certain volume that can fit in a standard 40' sea can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hartman
United States
Battle Ground
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are not real standards from the box maker but FFG packages all of their games in only a few different box sizes. So for FFG there are standard sizes which they have determined for themselves to be the best use of fitting components and shelf space across their products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decay
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dawson_osu wrote:
Those expansion boxes look great to make up a "travel size" set with enough counters and a couple decks to play on the road.

Does anybody know how many cards (unsleeved) would fit into this expansion box? I also thought about using this as a travel solution for the cards without rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably get 6 decks into one of these boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.