Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lewandowski
United States
St. Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the game a lot and have 4 plays in (none over 4 players yet)

Taught the game at Hoopla last weekend and one of the players was also experienced with it. He said it is OK to remodel all of your basic rooms and then put TI's on top of them. Of course, you no longer get the benefit of the lower room but ALL of the points count toward end game scoring.
Since I had the Construction Adim floor, I was able to buy my 5th floor and two more TI's in the last round...

Just checking to be sure this is legit for future games.

I used to think a score in the high 40's was decent. I ended up with 68 on Sunday!! (Three Achievement Floor --Executive, Improvement and marketing (with Pudlic Relations)...each one scored 11 pts.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup he was right. This rule isn't very clear in the rule book, at least it wasn't to me, but it is there! I noticed it after researching here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Turn Yet?
United States
Kirkland
WA
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="My Turn Yet?
badge
30 Days, 0 plays
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct.

Also, note that you get to score the upgraded room VP's at the end of the game, even if you have covered them up with T.I.s

one of several citations: Scoring question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewk1700 wrote:
He said it is OK to remodel all of your basic rooms and then put TI's on top of them. Of course, you no longer get the benefit of the lower room but ALL of the points count toward end game scoring.

This is correct.
Quote:
Since I had the Construction Adim floor, I was able to buy my 5th floor and two more TI's in the last round...

Just to make sure - the Construction Admin floor allows you to pay an alternate cost to go into the Construction building - but you still actually put a time marker in Construction, and there's still a limited number of spaces there. So unless most of your opponents were not also building in that last round (leaving Construction all to you), then maybe you couldn't build all of that...

Edit: The alternate cost is 4 Time Markers rather than the normal $4+i4.

For 4 players there are like 5 or 6 spots in there (don't recall offhand), and it's rare (but not impossible) that 1 player will get three of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify - the time marker that goes into the Construction spot comes from the general supply, so it's 4 TM vs. $4+i4+1TM, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are using the construction admin, then it goes from general supply, so your final cost is: 4 time markers + 1/1 for a TI or 4 time markers + 2/2 + 2/2 per existing floor for a floor, as usual.

You save 4/4 by spending 4 time markers (4 time markers "cost" you $4 so net saving is 4info).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nodecam wrote:
Just to clarify - the time marker that goes into the Construction spot comes from the general supply, so it's 4 TM vs. $4+i4+1TM, correct?

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
foksieloy wrote:
If you are using the construction admin, then it goes from general supply, so your final cost is: 4 time markers + 1/1 for a TI or 4 time markers + 2/2 + 2/2 per existing floor for a floor, as usual.

You save 4/4 by spending 4 time markers (a time marker "costs" you $4 so net saving is 4info).

An employee costs you $3 and gives you 3TM so a TM costs you $1 not $4. Furthermore, you save $4/4i by spending 3TM not 4TM since you would always have to move one TM into construction anyway. With construction admin this TM comes from the general supply.

So you actually save $4/4i for spending 3TM which is a net saving in your analysis of $1 and 4i.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Construction admin requires 4 time tokens, so you save 4i. And my original post should be "4 time markers" instead of a time marker, that was a typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
foksieloy wrote:
Construction admin requires 4 time tokens, so you save 4i. And my original post should be "4 time markers" instead of a time marker, that was a typo.

I disagree.

Without CA you spend $4/4i and place a TM in the Construction firm.

With CA you spend $0/0i and effectively place 3TM on CA and one TM in the Construction firm.

The difference between these two cases is clear. With CA you spend an extra 3TM and do not spend $4/4i. If each TM is worth $1 then you clearly have saved $1/4i.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur. Forgot that the original token goes from your supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.