Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got my copy of Tzolk'in and I was so excited. I started punching things out and setting up the gears. When I got to the last gear, I noticed that one fastener was missing. Not even one entire fastener, one half of one fastener.cry I contacted Rio Grande Games, but I haven't heard anything back. Has this happened to anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you fasten the five outside gears, you will be fine until the replacement arrives. The other gears will hold the central one in place. I have not fastened my central gear in because I am still painting. However, I have no problems playing the game with it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed, 40+ games on an unfastened partially painted central gear (my artist is terribly unmotivated) with no problems.

Eventually I will have someone finish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
I finally got my copy of Tzolk'in and I was so excited. I started punching things out and setting up the gears. When I got to the last gear, I noticed that one fastener was missing. Not even one entire fastener, one half of one fastener.cry I contacted Rio Grande Games, but I haven't heard anything back. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had the same thing happen. I contacted CGE via their website and they sent me a new set of fasteners and they responded fairly quickly.

As noted by others, you can play just fine without all the gears locked down. I actually left an outer one loose (just put the half-piece in place) and it worked fine - just had to fiddle with sometimes to line it up with the spaces correctly.

Also, for those that haven't attached unpainted gears, note that you can attach it, then detach it and attach again pretty easily - if you insert a butter knife under the gear (I try to get it in there about 1/2 way to the middle) then twist slightly, the connector will release - this was suggested on the CGE website for those with tight gears that need to remove the gears and loosen up the holes - the technique worked great for me!

I would, however, recommend putting tape over the exposed connector piece, otherwise you will be searching the other end of the room for it (i.e. it goes flying if you don't do something to prevent it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE sent me two new complete sets of fasteners. One set of which I'm not sure where I put, but I only needed a single half fastener.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George J. Wendt
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
This is my dog, Pothier, but everyone calls him Potes.
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:

Hold in there. Rio Grande has always provided me replacement parts pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Severson
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
Happy New Year!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing here. Very frustrating. I juest emailed RGG and CGE, I'm hoping to hear back from someone soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking to a guy at my FLGS who had the same thing happen - a couple weeks later he was there playing it and said Rio Grande got him straightened out easily. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I forgot to update. Rio Grande Games replied and sent me the parts right away. Great response time. I am not so sad anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
I guess I forgot to update. Rio Grande Games replied and sent me the parts right away. Great response time. I am not so sad anymore.

This contradicts your OP. How much time elapsed between your attempt to contact Rio Grande and there reply.

I've had nothing but superior customer support from Jay Tummelson and RGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the parts about 5 days after I sent them an email, so it was a good experience. The purpose of my first post was to see if anyone else was missing those parts out of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

So as sadness generally goes, not that sad at all really.

Fantastic customer service though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.