12 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Datasucker, Parasite, and Bank Job questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jon doedren
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If parasite is one a piece of ICE and the ice drops to zero strength, does it get trashed?

Do i sack counters from Datasucker to use its abailites, or is it just a constant effect that grows?

If I install bank job, and the corp player has a rezzed pad campaign out with no ice, can i make a run on pad campaign and instead of accessing it, i grab all 8 credits from Bank Job and then sack Bank Job?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
jundle wrote:
If parasite is one a piece of ICE and the ice drops to zero strength, does it get trashed?

yes

Quote:
Do i sack counters from Datasucker to use its abailites, or is it just a constant effect that grows?

remove counters

Quote:
If I install bank job, and the corp player has a rezzed pad campaign out with no ice, can i make a run on pad campaign and instead of accessing it, i grab all 8 credits from Bank Job and then sack Bank Job?

yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jundle wrote:

What do the cards tell you to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
jundle wrote:

[Card reads: ...and is trashed if its strength is 0 or less]

Do i sack counters from Datasucker to use its abilites, or is it just a constant effect that grows?

[Card reads: ...Hosted virus counter: Rezzed piece of ice currently being encountered has -1 strength until the end of the encounter.]

[Card reads: ...instead of accessing cards you may take any number of credits from Bank Job.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Riedel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Suppose I had Ice Carver out and two Datasucker tokens. On a run, I encounter Chum which I don't break, and an ice that's been reduced to 1 strength by Parasite. If I use Ice Carver and Datasucker to reduce strength to 0 for trashing, do I still suffer net damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
...did you break the subroutines? Nope. So, BBZZTT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Did you encounter the ice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Yes - you had to, to use Datasucker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Yes - you had to, to use Datasucker.

Beat me to it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Quote:

yes

Across two different runs.

If you choose Bank Job, you are not accessing PAD, and thus cannot trash it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Quote:

yes

No mention was made of sacking PAD Campaign. What you said is still true, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Quote:

yes

No mention was made of sacking PAD Campaign. What you said is still true, however.

Yup. Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.