Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of this game ready to be picked up soon and have read through the rules and FAQ. I have what might be a silly question:

What is the best way to signify that ships have been routed ("turn" them to their side?) I've seen some photos with ships standing straight up vertically- is that common? Or is tipping them sideways a better approach?

Do ships end up being routed as often as footmen and knights?

Thanks- looking forward to playing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can balance them on the long thin side. Ships are quite often routed, the naval element is very important in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
question?...........to move a ship must you give the march order?......what if you transporting men?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing being moved needs a march order, be it a land or sea unit.

So a land unit moving across sea areas using friendly boats gets a march order, and the boat gets any order whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
to move a ship must you give the march order?

Yes, although it should be a row order then, I suppose.

Quote:
what if you transporting men?

You don't. You first move ships if you're smart and if they don't get routed by an attacker (you see it developing? cool ) you can use them as stepping stones for your men, who also have a march order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you March over routed ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kinda confused.............do the ships work like the ships in axis and allies?

Ex. if i want to move my ship to a sea zone i have to place a march order on the ship......if i want to move a army on the ship the same turn must i place a march order on the army?..............and then must i move then again next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they don't work like in Axis and Allies. There are never any men onboard a ship for a space of game time. Moves are made direct from one land region, via the ship, to another land region. The piece moving needs a move order, the ship doesn't (support order is quite a good idea here, since it can help the troops land). You can also retreat via ship, without a move order.

You can order ships to move, as a seperate matter. So you could move a ship into a sea space between two land areas, and then (same turn) move a land unit from one to the other, using the ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i think i got it now.

Just treat a ship like a land bridge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.