Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just received this from Jeff Billings.

I know we all hope things work out for the best in the young man's future and his parents.

I know we are all disappointed at the delay. Jeff apologizes, and explains the 'darkness' that has taken over their communications the past couple weeks.

What he does not elaborate on is that this whole thing was very 'touch and go' with the young man and there were questions about survivability or mobility/ability. So everyone is relieved, but were understandably paralyzed.

Here is Jeff's note. It will soon go on the KS page.

Quote:
Red Devils Will Be Delayed

Update #24 · Not published · comment

Shortly after the close of funding, two of our key members here at Lost Battalion Games were visited by a severe trial of life. Their 17 year-old son suffered a massive stroke. Our focus shifted toward those concerns. In the immediate weeks following the stroke, we were not sure as to the outcome or what effect this would have on our company or the Red Devils project. Even in the midst of this, both of them did their best to carry on, while attending to the critical needs of their son. We attended Cold Wars and began adapting to the new realities of life.

The very good news is that their son is recovering and will still be attending his senior year of High School. His progress is nothing short of miraculous - and proof that prayer matters.

After taking stock of where we are, we can assess the delay and update you on where we are at with the delivery date. I am sorry for the long silence but we wanted to provide solid information once we knew what the effects were.

I expect us to be ready to ship in July – with the general release moved back to September.

Where are we right now?

New production molds are being made for the miniatures. The boxes are about to be delivered. Sales orders will be sent out this week so that you can make choices and any changes and we will get all the orders correct. Art is very far advanced. Production of some items is well underway and the others will begin next month. We will be showing you regular updates on the products you have invested in by supporting Red Devils.

Our other product releases were also delayed. I expect to release the US Paratrooper Scout Team, the German Light Infantry Skirmisher Team, the US Paratrooper Battle Patrol Tactics Module, and the German Light Infantry Battle Patrol Tactics Module along with the version 1.8 Rules in late May.

We apologize for the silence but we hope you can understand the circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I read this a few minutes ago...definately bummed about the delay, but also understand that something like this that happens to yourslef, family or friends is much much more important than a game. LIFE takes precedent for sure....

I am happy to hear the young man is doing good and on his way for a full recovery.

Looks like I will just have to play some more Days of Days to keep me occupied!

Thanks for the update Kevin and Jeff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.