Subject: Missing damage token - what is it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been way too long since I last played this game. I just recounted the components. I'm missing a few miniatures (3 raiders and one heavy), but the more critical thing is a damage token. I could improvise and use the die to randomise but I don't recall the list of tokens, and I couldn't find it. I have:
2 resource damage - food and fuel.
5 location damage - armory, hangar deck, command, FTL, weapon control.
What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Admiral's Quarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CBpegasus wrote:
It's been way too long since I last played this game. I just recounted the components. I'm missing a few miniatures (3 raiders and one heavy), but the more critical thing is a damage token. I could improvise and use the die to randomise but I don't recall the list of tokens, and I couldn't find it. I have:
2 resource damage - food and fuel.
5 location damage - armory, hangar deck, command, FTL, weapon control.
What am I missing?
BTW, it's surprisingly easier to remember these...

There's "Fueod"... 1 for fuel and 1 for food
THen start at Weapons Control, go counter-clockwise around the ship until you hit Armory (WC, FTL, Cmmd, AQ, Hangar, Armory). Or counting negative approach... the hazard locations, Commu, and Research Labs are always safe.

I'm in the same boat as you... I'm missing the Hangar Deck location token. For the time being, I can either activate the randomizer app on my IpT and damage the first 'x' entries that come up to simulate 1 to 2 damage at a time.

A more elegant way to do this is to roll the d8 (no die modifiers of course), and if it's not an '8', pick among the remaining damage tokens. HOwever, the odds go down once the other tokens get doled out, so I'd have to make the # of damage tokens NOT in the pool to be rerolls if rolled. e.g. fuel and Armory are damaged. If 1 or 2 get rolled, then reroll. If 8 gets rolled, damaged Hangar Deck. Else, pick from the remaining ones

If playing just the base game, I'll probably end up using someone else's copy. Otherwise for mine, throw in a Peggy damage token, just mix them, stack them, and ask the curr player to pick a number from 1 thorugh max # of damage tokens available (so he can't see the top token)

I thought it would turn up eventually, but after "eventually", it's still nowhere to be found, so I'm thinking about getting replacements. And that's replacements plural, as if they gave me brand new one, it'd stand out from my existing ones that are very noticeably worn and scuffed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you contacted FFG about replacements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadious wrote:
Have you contacted FFG about replacements?
Not yet. I was hoping it'll "turn up", but at this point, I'll have to. They were able to replace a Raptor and OF before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I feel really stupid now. The reason why I remembered this game after not playing it for so long is that I randomly found some of its pieces around the house - a heavy raider and a damage token (didn't check which one when I found it). For some reason when I did the component check I was sure I already put those components in the box. Apearently I just put them aside, and then I was surprized that I'm missing "another" damage token and "another" heavy raider!
I found them again several minutes after I got your replies. Indeed, the damage token was for admiral quarters. The 3 regular raiders remain lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I feel blessed. The only component I have lost so far are 2 vipers. And then Exodus came out and made it a moot point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.