Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over the site here I noticed that FFG is putting a new set out each month. Wow that a ton of cards to keep up with. I would love to see like a new set every three months. Once a month just seems too much. Doesn't doing the once a month thing bad in the end? You are going to glut the card base and they will probably water the game down in the end. Just a thought. I mean I played SWCCG and we would get a new set like two to three times a year and that was fine. This kind of model killed great games like Doomtown, 7th Sea, LBS etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each set it just 20 new cards and you only have to buy one back. It's not a lot and it's great at keeping the game fresh. Perhaps you're thinking of the more standard expansion that MTG does that come with hundreds of new cards each?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:
Looking over the site here I noticed that FFG is putting a new set out each month. Wow that a ton of cards to keep up with. I would love to see like a new set every three months. Once a month just seems too much. Doesn't doing the once a month thing bad in the end? You are going to glut the card base and they will probably water the game down in the end. Just a thought. I mean I played SWCCG and we would get a new set like two to three times a year and that was fine. This kind of model killed great games like Doomtown, 7th Sea, LBS etc.

No, because those weren't LCGs, the distribution model is completely different. 20 new cards a month is completely reasonable, especially for a brand new game with a small card pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
This applies for right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
forum regulars: DRINK!

the expansion "sets" are released in 6 packs across 6 months. its only 20 new cards per month, with some small breaks between major releases expected. buy 3 data packs every 3 months, problem solved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. As stated, the data packs are only ~20 cards, with the occasional larger box thrown in, in theory. Overall, you'll actually be seeing less cards then you would with a normal C/TCG, which would see an influx of 150+ cards every 3 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
forum regulars: DRINK!

I'm drunk already! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
The LCG model isn't for everyone.

It certainly can be expensive in the long run.

Tis the nature of the beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Doesn't a regular MTG or WoW expansion hold like 150+ cards? Released every 3-4 months?

We are getting half the cards with LCG's...

Its fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denny Early
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Did anyone else think this was a thread complaining that the next expansion didn't show up in April?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:
This kind of model killed great games like Doomtown, 7th Sea, LBS etc.

Yes, Netrunner is already on death's door. You should get out while you have the chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
baneslader wrote:

Yes, Netrunner is already on death's door. You should get out while you have the chance.

And give all your stuff to people like me. Those who are stuck in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
baneslader wrote:

Not what I meant at all about this game. I have played tons of CCGs and I have seen this happen. This game is great and hot right now. I am just playing devils advocate about the long term viability of the game. I want to see this go on and not burn out.

I was just making an observation, not bashing the game. I love the mechanics and ideas of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
CapAp wrote:
baneslader wrote:

And give all your stuff to people like me. Those who are stuck in the game.

You will get nothing and like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:
Not what I meant at all about this game. I have played tons of CCGs and I have seen this happen. This game is great and hot right now. I am just playing devils advocate about the long term viability of the game. I want to see this go on and not burn out.

But this isn't a CCG. An LCG's production and release model is different, and the "sets" you're seeing once a month are actually more like sixth-of-a-set each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:
CapAp wrote:
baneslader wrote:

I was just making an observation, not bashing the game. I love the mechanics and ideas of this game.

Have you looked into the other LCG's they make? They haven't managed to kill Game of thrones yet.

They have modified it for less popular games like Call of Cthulhu.
But for the still strong games (Netrunner & AGOT) I am sure this model will do just fine for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:
CapAp wrote:
baneslader wrote:

LCG. Please, please stop calling this a CCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it before, you don't need to yell. Just trying to get some ideas about this as I have never done the LCG thing before. I wanted to play this back when it was a CCG. So that is where my ignorance came from. Excuse me. Wondering if this model will allow for a game like this to continue. I guess upon further research thanks to the constructive comments here I see that it can. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:
I got it before, you don't need to yell. Just trying to get some ideas about this as I have never done the LCG thing before. I wanted to play this back when it was a CCG. So that is where my ignorance came from. Excuse me. Wondering if this model will allow for a game like this to continue. I guess upon further research thanks to the constructive comments here I see that it can. Thanks

Welcome to BGG. Where you can never get anything constructive without a healthy dose of sarcasm & passive-aggressiveness.
You get used to it.
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't yelling. It was enhanced for emphasis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone happen to mention that these data packs only release 20 new cards every month?

Bless FFG for the LCG model. Love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:

Yeah. Sorry about that. There's some issues around these parts.

Welcome aboard. I hope you can find the help/input you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can we drop the whole "NOT A CCG!!!11one" thing? We all get that Fantasy Flight is releasing the game under a very different model than Magic or the like but insisting on using their marketing term as if CCG were a dirty word just seems silly.

Don't get me wrong I love the LCG model but it has its problems as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Zambo wrote:
Did anyone happen to mention that these data packs only release 20 new cards every month?

Bless FFG for the LCG model. Love it.

Agreed. It's a small influx of cards each month. Data Packs are reasonably priced IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.