11 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: WyldShop - All-Nighter vs Easy Mark: opinions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
For those who are not familiar with my deck, I have been running this Wyldside + Aesop's Pawnshop deck, and I got my copy of A Study in Static this week.

I still have 6 influence to spend, and I can't decide between 3x All-Nighter vs 3x Easy Mark + 1x Inside Job. Does anyone that also plays (or have played before) with a Wyldside "centered" deck would like to help me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Doppelganger all the way!

Doppelganger helps you running 2 servers in one turn when you got Wyldside out.

Wyldside + Doppelganger is my favourite "combo" at the moment if you can call it that.

I know Doppelganger doesn't look strong on paper, but try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kempe-Cook
United States
BLOOMINGTON
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the choices you have presented, I would do 2x Inside Job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
KingLz wrote:
Doppelganger all the way!

The current build doesn't work really well without the recurring credits from Spinal Modem, but I'll try Doppelganger when more/better credit cards comes out.

sydwys8 wrote:
Given the choices you have presented, I would do 2x Inside Job.

I already tried that, but I didn't really like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's pretty dependent on what the focus of your deck is. All-Nighter is great if you're going for a big turn, like scoring Notoriety multiple times in a single turn or digging deep. As a general counter to Wyldside's loss of a click, I'd say they're a little expensive, and Doppelganger will serve you better.

If you find that you need more economy, then you can do Easy Mark, but I find that when I'm running Aesop's Pawnshop and built a deck where I'll be using it often, Easy Mark doesn't feel worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You didnt say what faction you are or what the strategy is.

What do you want from these influence slots.

All Nighter operates at a net efficiency loss. You trade Click + Card for Click later. This deal is only good if that later click is very critical. For example, it plays an additional Notoriety, or it performs an extra Medium dig with lots of counters, for example.

Easy Mark is generally good in Wyldside decks since you have a flood of cards and need ways to convert them to money. That said, the card is only of moderate power level, other cards generate money much more efficiently.

Inside Job is a strong card that can punish many runner plays and helps you get to agendas. Having to account for you having it really ups the bar for what is a sufficient defense of a remote, for the runner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
At it again Alex

Alexfrog wrote:

Inside Job is a strong card that can punish many runner corp plays and helps you get to agendas. Having to account for you having it really ups the bar for what is a sufficient defense of a remote, for the runner corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the answers, people. I'll try the Easy Mark version tomorrow.

skiesbleed wrote:
If you find that you need more economy, then you can do Easy Mark, but I find that when I'm running Aesop's Pawnshop and built a deck where I'll be using it often, Easy Mark doesn't feel worth it.

I'm currently running a single copy of Aesop's Pawnshop, so it is not that reliable. A second copy is a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I only hit 50% chance of drawing my 1 pawnshop after my 23rd draw. And yet , I present to you.....the wyldSHOP

lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
mb
Hraklea wrote:
Thanks for the answers, people. I'll try the Easy Mark version tomorrow.

skiesbleed wrote:

I'm currently running a single copy of Aesop's Pawnshop, so it is not that reliable. A second copy is a possibility.

I'd still argue that Pawn Shop is just as relevant in WyldShop as Workshop. Two is almost a must.

I know if I stick a tag against it I gun for the Pawn Shop first unless the Workshop is just loaded down with programs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
sciencebuster wrote:
I only hit 50% chance of drawing my 1 pawnshop after my 23rd draw. And yet , I present to you.....the wyldSHOP

lol.

How long do you think it takes to draw 23 cards in a Wyldside based deck?

wedgeex wrote:
I'd still argue that Pawn Shop is just as relevant in WyldShop as Workshop. Two is almost a must.

I know if I stick a tag against it I gun for the Pawn Shop first unless the Workshop is just loaded down with programs.

Wyldside + Aesop's Pawnshop is just a combo to accelerate my rig, it is not like I'm going to lose if I don't draw the Pawnshop. The second Pawnshop, on the other hand, is a dead card, and I definitely don't want to draw cards I don't need when I have one less click per turn.

I guess I don't think there are enough "pawnable" anarch cards to justify the second copy right now. (and I already played with 2 copies for a while.)

And I don't get traced that often, I run Rabbit Hole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.