Subject: About the extras? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the action this baby is getting and I'm backing Captain for sure. There are some that are obvious add-ons (Spriggan, Skald, sleeves)

Just wondering how essential the extra minis are? It seems like we are getting a whole lot of cool stuff from this game, and the price is fantastic per mini. I know other posts have asked this but I'm speaking on a gameplay perspective so obviously many people won't know the answer, but just how often does it come up where you need to place a mini and can't? Do I really need more?????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra minis, i.e. minis beyond the Captain level, are only really needed for when you put two lairs of the same kind on a single tile. Which, as far as we know, you never need to do. And even if you did, depending on how many monsters you kill per round, you might still be okay with what you have. Also, you could just proxy what you're missing.

Edit: Well, with Captain you're a little short on Cyclopses, but other than that you should be fine. IMHO, if you're on a budget those minis are not worth 50$ as far as gameplay alone is concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More minis is really only going to help you if you want to run dual lairs of the same creature type. Even then, I would expect, even at captain level, you will probably be okay 80% of the time if the heroes do a good job at clearing the mobs out. The worst thing that could happen is you have to proxy in other models.

It just depends what you are looking for. The mini costs are amazing right now, at both Captain and Apprentice (the Apprentice will give you more, at just a tiny bit more per miniature ... 2 or 3 cents more each). But if you don't want to run dual lairs, Captain is more than enough to play the game (even just the base game is enough to play the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which are the add-ons that are not part of the boxed game or ks rewards? It's clear for Skald, Spriggan and the elemental boss, but what about the decks? Are they copies or new decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
Which are the add-ons that are not part of the boxed game or ks rewards? It's clear for Skald, Spriggan and the elemental boss, but what about the decks? Are they copies or new decks?

All addon decks are additional material except those that come with hero figures. There is also a 10 piece tile set that is duplicate but it indicates that on the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the treasure deck and the quest deck are the same cards that come inside the box or are different cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
china viola
Austria
Vienna
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're different cards than the base game cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Treasure Expansion Deck and Quest Expansion 1 Deck are both only available as add-ons currently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
So, the treasure deck and the quest deck are the same cards that come inside the box or are different cards?

Additional material as in not duplicates...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.