Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking about the game on the teamliquid.net Starcraft forums and was asked if there is a way to pledge with PayPal or if they don't have a credit card and I didn't know but figured some one here might. The person asking is in Germany if that makes a difference in their options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be able to use PayPal. Ask the question in the Comments, or send the project creators a message!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, but I'm sure that if there was no other way someone here would agree to pledging for your friend if he sent the money via Paypal first. We're all friends here after all, and the more people pledge, the better for everyone :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you have to have an amazon account for the initial pledge.

after that, you can spend more in the post campaign pledge manager via pay pal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiff Berentzen
msg tools
The guy he was talking to on TL was me, btw. I am pretty new to this whole kickstarter thing, and i can't find a way to pay with anything that is not a credit card. I have a working Paypal account, and have not had any problems paying stuff on amazon.de either.

If someone has had the same problem, it would be nice if you could explain to me how to get this working.

Also i won't send people i don't know in person 100 bucks via paypal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, here is the thread if anyone gets more info for him: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406...

I don't know him personally, but trying to spread the word and get as many stretch goals as we can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiff Berentzen
msg tools
yamato2 wrote:
you have to have an amazon account for the initial pledge.

after that, you can spend more in the post campaign pledge manager via pay pal.

So, you are basically saying that i would need someone to pledge 1$ for me, then i could do the rest with paypal? And is there a way to do this without risk for any of us two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiff Berentzen
msg tools
Would be really nice if someone could clarify that. Can you increase your existing pledge just by using paypal, or do you need to have a credit card for that too? That would make things a lot easier, but it would also be very weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone indicated this info just now on KS comments...

Quote:
Solanum 2 minutes ago

Prepaid cards work for pledging (Visa, MC, AM), which one can often find at various retailers like Walmart, etc. These allow you to use cash to pledge and dont require a credit check.
Someone might want to update those other sites on this method, strictly for educational purposes. Definitely not advertising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiff Berentzen
msg tools
Nevermind, thing is resolved now, apparently the solution was contacting them and now i should get added to this mysterious post-pledge manager.

Below: Sorry, i edited this while you were posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simberto wrote:
Which again doesn't really help me, since i am not in the US, and i have never seen one of those here. From googling that right now they appear to only be available in the US, too. This is getting incredibly frustrating. I got the money, they want the money. Why do i have to work so hard to get my money to them because they only accept it in one weird format that noone around here uses?

It is very unfortunate, but where Kickstarter and MERCS are based, there's nothing weird about it. It seems your scenario is unique. My suggestion is to message or have someone message the MERCS team via Kickstarter to ask if there are alternative options for you. They might be able to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.